Requisition No: 235085
Agency: Veterans Affairs
Working Title: ACCOUNTANT IV – HEALTH INSURANCE BILLING – 50450809
Position Number: 50450809
Salary: $32,696.82 + CAD
Posting Closing Date: 09/17/2020
Requisition # 235085
ACCOUNTANT IV – HEALTH INSURANCE BILLING #50450809
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS' AFFAIRS
Mary Grizzle State Office Building
Largo, Pinellas County
Starting Annual Salary: $32,696.82, plus current Competitive Area Differential (CAD) of $644.80 annualy
***This is an internal Agency advertisement. Only current FDVA employees will be considered.***
Excellent retirement package and optional deferred compensation plan. Health, vision, dental, disability, and other supplemental insurance available at reasonable premium rates. Paid vacation and sick leave. Nine (9) paid holidays and personal day. Tuition waiver available for State Universities and Community Colleges (up to 6 credits per semester).
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in billing
- One (1) year experience in Medical Billing and Collections
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal Skills
- Successful completion of the due diligence process, to include a Level 2 Background screening
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- One year or more in the State of Florida government or county/city
- Experience in Statewide Manage Care Medicaid program rules and regulations
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing outstanding Accounts Receivable
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word and Outlook
Under the general supervision of the Billing Department Supervisor incumbent performs duties involving the independent application of accounting skills, billing activities and other fiscal related matters. Performs accounting and billing functions in the Health Information System, FLAIR, DDE and Matrixcare, MFMP Accounts Receivable billing software systems.
The Accountant IV incumbent is responsible for performing claims processing, posting of payments and collection activities of the State Veterans’ Homes and providing support and assistance to all billing team members in the daily accounts receivable functions to maintain the billing as follows:
- Produce and maintain monthly billing for all Medicare A&B, Medicaid, and Medicaid Managed Care, 3rd party insurers, and any other payer, including residents for the State Veterans’ Homes;
- Review and monitor resident accounts ensuring that account set-up and payor types have been correctly established by the facility; verifying insurance program eligibilities.
- Daily review and monitoring of account status;
- Posting of all payor payments;
- Work, correct, resolve, and collect accounts in the aging reports for Medicare, Medicaid, 3rd party insurance, and any other payer, including residents;
- Responsible for the collection of current and aging accounts;
- Maintain clean and up-to-date billing and collection reports;
- Compile and prepare reports to verify the accuracy of monies collected and deposited into resident & facility accounts;
- Analyze 3rd party and any other payer credit balances to ensure accurate accounting for refunds and the completion of the refund process;
- Monitor billing and collection reports of all facilities to ensure accurate and timely billing and collection of claims;
- Conduct Quality Assurance activities related to Additional Documentation Requests (ADR) for all homes;
- Complete all daily billing functions of any facility as instructed;
- Work directly with all payors on all resident reimbursement denials and file inquiries, reconsiderations, refunds and appeals to the appropriate agency or individual(s) for rejected claims;
- Perform other duties as directed by the Health Operations Manager and Billing Supervisor in an effective, professional and timely manner.
This position is in the Career Service System.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.