Epson America, Inc., is seeking a talented and experienced Account Manager to join our winning team! This position will primarily focus on developing sales opportunities for Epson's Point of Sale (POS) devices and Epson Business Solutions (EBS), within the Western US in the retail and hospitality markets.
A successful candidate will be responsible for building Epson sales revenue by meeting and exceeding sales quotas and increasing Epson brand awareness and market penetration in key markets. They will also develop and coordinate sales activity of Epson branded and non-branded products to end user customers in identified vertical markets.
What you will be doing:
- Meets or exceeds sales and product objectives in territory by effectively utilizing all resources available.
- Collaborates with Manager in development of sales plan.
- Establishes a strong Epson presence within account base at decision maker and management level.
- Interacts with all appropriate internal and external customers to insure successful implementation of sales and marketing strategies with the customer.
- Motivates all customer personnel to support sales and marketing efforts of Epson products.
- Identifies and understands the customer’s needs and provides solutions using Epson products, programs, and services.
- Designs and creates marketing programs consistent with corporate strategies that result in achievement of sales quotas and objectives within defined territory.
- Ensures that marketing funds are focused on programs that achieve desired product mix and ROI, and considers impact on all Epson channels of distribution.
- Demonstrates products to existing and potential customers.
- Keeps abreast of product lines and industry trends and informs Epson management on developments and trends that may impact customers’ purchases and other business activities in the near and distant future.
- Participates in trade shows, reseller seminars and sales meetings.
- Identifies sales training needs of account and prepares training in conjunction with the Sales Training Department.
- Resolves customer issues in a timely and thorough manner; escalates issues to manager as appropriate.
Effective Sales Administration:
- Develops and provides Sales Operations with monthly product forecasts and sell-through/inventory by account.
- Adheres to all administrative policies and procedures.
- Operates within budgetary constraints.
- Submits weekly activity/call reports.
- Minimum 5 years of new business development sales experience within the technology industry, ideally with Point of Sale (POS) devices in the retail and hospitality markets
- Ability to determine decision makers, build strong relationships with decision makers and navigate corporate purchasing channels
- Ability to travel within local region and occasionally to Headquarters in Long Beach, CA or Trade Shows (40% to 60% travel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Completion of an undergraduate degree or equivalent (B.A. or B.S.)
- Primary residence within the Midwestern United Sates highly preferred
- Solid level of proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and Salesforce
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.