Requisition Number: 38160
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed sales budget for the territory.
- Build strong relationships with customers and distributors
- Implement aggressive growth driven programs with distribution
- Work as a team with other account managers
- Build relationships with all internal functional groups
- Create, implement and maintain a sales plan that meets or exceeds performance requirements
- Know your products and channel/market/customer dynamics/drivers
- Manage all facets of responsibilities within the framework of Corning’s values
- Candidate must currently reside in New Jersey area.
- Territory coverage will be mainly for NJ.
- 20% within the territory.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 40 hours, Monday – Friday, business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Life Sciences degree preferred.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum 3 years sales experience in the Life Sciences market.
- Proficient computer/data analysis skills (Excel, Outlook E-Mail, Word, Power Point).
- Previous sales experience with record of meeting or exceeding sales budget
- Proficient in distribution channel management.
- Problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Business skills – financial analysis (sales analysis, trend reporting, usage reporting, pricing analysis).
- Organization skills – planning/time management
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Desired Experience / Qualifications / Skills:
- Lab experience.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to use and navigate the Corning Life Science’s Customer Relationship Management database.
- Creative promotional and account management approaches.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to perform with minimal direct supervisory intervention.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Coaching skills.
This position does not support immigration sporsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.