CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for managing business development activities for high-profile named accounts and/or specific market segment(s) that lead to the expansion and growth of specialized products. Accountable for the coordination and strategy on assigned key account(s). Responsible for the overall development and implementation of the account plan.
- Drives account management responsibilities as an overlay sales role including solution creation, solution offering, configuration management, order issuance, service delivery, service management and revenue recognition. Demonstrates a balance of strategic and tactical thought leadership.
- Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new sales opportunities in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas. Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
- Provides input to sales management about trends and changes taking place within the customer’s organization, and makes recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improving its position with the customer.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- In-depth knowledge on a specific products and/or services. Interaction with Product management for nonstandard / custom requirements based upon customer needs.
* Knowledge and understanding of the telecom industry's competitive landscape.
* Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
* Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills as well as proficiency in selling to the close.
* Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
* Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
*5+ Years of industry sales experience.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Business or Marketing
Alternate Location: US-Pennsylvania-Norristown
Requisition #: 219078
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.