Requisition No: 233086
Agency: Agency for Health Care Administration
Working Title: 68900245 – OPS HEALTH FACILITY EVALUATOR II
Position Number: 68900245
Salary: $16.59 / Hourly
Posting Closing Date: 09/29/2020
Note: This is an OPS position.
This position may require extensive travel, including significant overnight travel.
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
The primary function of the Health Facility Evaluator II is to conduct inspections utilizing an established survey process. The survey process includes evaluation of health care facilities for state licensure and federal certification requirements for participation under Medicare/Medicaid. The incumbent will document findings and complete written reports of survey findings. The incumbent may be required to perform surveys as an individual, team member or team leader.
As assigned by management, this position is required to successfully complete the Surveyor Minimum Qualifications Test within the first 12 months of employment as required by Sections 1819(g)(2)(c)(ii) of the Social Security Act, as amended, and Article IV(B) of the Agreement pursuant to Section 1864 of the Social Security Act.
The incumbent must be proficient with computer equipment and software programs, such as Microsoft Word and Outlook, as well as smart phone technology.
The incumbent must also be available to work before and after normal work hours including weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care management.
- Knowledge of health care facilities and operations.
- Skill in the use of computer equipment and software to enter, retrieve, and manipulate data required to perform work functions.
- Ability to coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, laws, and guidelines relating to health care administration.
- Ability to evaluate data and make recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to lift a laptop/ tablet computer and work manuals with or without accommodations.
- Ability to travel with or without accommodations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Three years of professional experience in health, social, or rehabilitative services, health care or social services administration.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
A master's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred and can substitute for one year of the required experience.
Professional or nonprofessional experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the preferred college education.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
CONTACT: MAIRA FUENTES (561) 381-5840 or (561) 381-5851
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.