Requisition No: 138742
Agency: Agency for Health Care Administration
Working Title: 68064737- PARALEGAL SPECIALIST
Position Number: 68064737
Salary: $1,038.46 BI WEEKLY
Posting Closing Date: 09/19/2020
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the quality of health care in Florida. The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) is the State of Florida agency responsible for oversight of the thousands of health facilities. If you have a desire to use your talent and skills at an organization that provides critical services to millions of individuals and families across the state, AHCA invites you to apply to become an essential member of our team. As one of Florida's leading state agencies, AHCA's diverse workforce community of more than 1,400 employees is proud of its efforts to serve the people of Florida.
The Office of the General Counsel within AHCA has a full-time Paralegal Specialist vacancy. This position will be hired at $1038.46 bi-weekly. This position provides high-level administrative support to attorneys handling litigation relating to licensure regulation.
The duties and responsibilities of the position involve complex work assignments with minimum instruction.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Preparation of correspondence, pleadings, and other documents.
- Accept, log and monitor case assignments.
- Set up, establish, organize and maintain paper and electronic case files.
- Ensure prompt and accurate handling of incoming and outgoing mail, electronic mail and faxes.
- Calendar meetings and deadlines.
- Prepare travel arrangements and submit authorizations and reimbursements.
- Schedule depositions, meetings, hearings, conferences and court reporter appearances as requested.
AHCA offers an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental, vision and supplemental insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
- Training opportunities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of legal process and terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative on assigned projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to perform legal writing and prepare various legal documents.
- Two years’ experience as an administrative or executive assistant. Paralegal degree may substitute for required experience.
CONTACT PERSON: ANDREW THORNQUEST 850-412-3652
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.