Requisition No: 232602
Agency: Agency for Health Care Administration
Working Title: 68058471 – HEALTH SERVICES AND FACILITIES CONSULTANT
Position Number: 68058471
Posting Closing Date: 09/16/2020
**NOTE: All responses provided to the qualifying questions for this vacancy must be verifiable on your State of Florida Employment Application. **
DESCRIPTION: This is a career service, independent position reporting to the Senior Management Analyst Supervisor within the Survey & Certification Support Branch in the Division of Health Quality Assurance, Bureau of Field Operations. The incumbent serves as a management consultant to ensure statewide survey and certification activities are conducted, data systems are used appropriately, and performance indicators are met in accordance with state and federal requirements. Also generates reports in response to data requests from a variety of sources.
- Creates data queries, Dashboards, reports and maintains existing reports and dashboards using a variety of tools (e.g., Tableau, SSRS, TOAD, SAS, Postman API).
- Maintains Intranet SharePoint pages, and Internet web pages, as assigned. This includes creating and maintaining records and documents (e.g., protocols, training materials).
- Serves as data analyst and productivity reviewer to ensure surveys are completed in accordance with the application survey process and law. This includes developing data queries and monitoring reports to assist in the planning and completion of survey workload. Monitors status of productivity measures established in the annual CLIA State Agency Performance Review (SAPR), and State Performance Standard System (SPSS) documents. Validates data for outliers and data integrity.
- Trains users on how to utilize data and other resources to meet performance expectations and workload requirements. This includes distributing information and maintaining websites with updated requirements and information. Shares best practices with field offices statewide for program improvement.
- Identifies inaccurate survey and assessment data and works with appropriate staff to ensure corrections are made using reports generated on a regular basis (continuous, monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Communicates the status of workload completions and outliers. This includes the use of a variety of delivery methods (e-mail, conference calls, face-to-face meetings, and web-based).
- Performs other related work as required.
SOME TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
- Ability to compile, organize and analyze data and make recommendations.
- Ability to perform research.
- Ability to prepare reports, applications, documents and other written materials.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with others in a consultative role.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Skill in the use of the Automated Survey Processing Environment (ASPEN) software, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio).
- Skill in the coding of reports and data queries using SAS, Tableau, SSRS, TOAD, & SQL.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds with or without accommodations.
- Ability to travel with or without accommodations.
- Two years of professional experience in systems analysis, management analysis, program planning, program research, or program evaluation.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university can substitute for one year of the required professional experience as described above. A master's degree from an accredited college/university can substitute for two years of the required professional experience as described above.
- Preference given to candidates with experience or knowledge generating reports from the federal Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reporting (CASPER), Quality, Certification and Oversight Reports (QCOR) and QIES Business Intelligence Center (QBIC) systems, Tableau, SSRS, TOAD, SAS, Postman API, writing SQL statements and syntax queries.
CONTACT PERSON: Teri Koch 850-412-4522
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.