Requisition No: 235803
Agency: Economic Opportunity
Working Title: 235803 – EMPLOYMENT SECURITY REPRESENTATIVE I – 40043156
Position Number: 40043156
Salary: $31,600.00 Annual
Posting Closing Date: 09/18/2020
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME /CAREER SERVICE
POSITION LOCATION: Kissimmee, FL (relocation benefits are not available for this position)
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) works across the state to support Florida’s economy, robust and talented workforce and our local communities. DEO is dedicated to making a stronger and more resilient Florida, so our businesses, communities and workforce are better prepared to withstand future economic slowdowns and natural disasters. DEO is focusing our efforts to help Floridians rebuild their homes and lives after the devastating impacts of Hurricanes Irma and Michael.
WHAT MAKES DEO UNIQUE AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
* Highly skilled, professional environment *Healthcare Benefits
* Ongoing comprehensive training provided *Leave Benefits
* Student Loan Forgiveness Program (Eligibility Required) *Career Growth
* Tuition Fee Waivers (Accepted by major Florida colleges/universities)
As a condition of pre-employment eligibility, a Level 2 security background screening is required, which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local, state and national law enforcement records.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION RESPONSES TO THE QUALIFYING QUESTIONS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE VERIFIABLE BASED ON YOUR SUBMITTED APPLICATION.
The Employment Security Representative I (ESR I) is a member of the DEO team within CareerSource Central Florida. This is professional work marketing employment and training programs; serving individuals who are unemployed and/or seeking new jobs; providing counseling services to individuals with vocational needs by determining vocational interests, aptitudes and training; referring individuals to appropriate private and/or public agencies for aid, assistance or training; and or securing the cooperation of employers in the placement of referrals.
- Promotes and supports training opportunities and labor exchange services within a CareerSource Center.
- Supports organizational and employment training events.
- Provides services to individuals as required which may include, but is not limited to; assisting applicants in obtaining appropriate employment by evaluating skills, work experience, abilities and education.
- Refers applicants to appropriate available job openings; and works with customer to craft the right fit in choosing an occupational field.
- This position responsible for providing and documenting basic labor exchange services in the appropriate database.
- Perform duties of Customer Service Specialist when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge, skills and abilities, including utilization of equipment, required for the position:
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to prepare correspondence relating to an employment security program.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Ability to conduct interviews and investigations.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful, courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to collect, record, evaluate and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
THIS POSITION HAS THE FOLLOWING JOB-RELATED REQUIREMENTS
- The incumbent must possess or obtain certification as a Workforce Professional within twelve (12) months of employment in the position
- The incumbent of this position is required to travel locally and provide their own transportation
At DEO, we salute our heroes. We are honored to have the opportunity to support our nation’s veterans and their family members by encouraging them to apply for positions at DEO that fit their skill sets. Let DEO’s mission become yours.
This position’s advertisement may also be viewed by registering on the Employ Florida website at http://www.employflorida.com/.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. (TTY/TDD 1-800-955-8771 or the Florida Relay Service – 711.)
If you think you have been subjected to unlawful discrimination, you may file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation with either the recipient’s Equal Opportunity Officer, or the Director, Civil Rights Center:
- Equal Opportunity Officer, Department of Economic Opportunity, Caldwell Building – MSC 150, 107 East Madison Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-4129; or
- Director, Civil Rights Center (CRC), U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-4123, Washington, DC 20210.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.