Requisition No: 235204
Agency: Economic Opportunity
Working Title: 235204 – GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS CONSULTANT I – 40034371
Position Number: 40034371
Salary: $34,501.48 – $37,500
Posting Closing Date: 09/22/2020
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME/CAREER SERVICE
POSITION LOCATION: Orlando, FL
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) works across the state to support Florida’s economy, robust and talented workforce and our local communities. DEO is dedicated to making a stronger and more resilient Florida, so our businesses, communities and workforce are better prepared to withstand future economic slowdowns and natural disasters. DEO is focusing our efforts to help Floridians rebuild their homes and lives after the devastating impacts of Hurricanes Irma and Michael.
WHAT MAKES DEO UNIQUE AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK?
* Highly skilled, professional environment *Healthcare Benefits
* Ongoing comprehensive training provided *Leave Benefits
* Student Loan Forgiveness Program (Eligibility Required) *Career Growth
* Tuition Fee Waivers (Accepted by major Florida colleges/universities)
As a condition of pre-employment eligibility, a Level 2 security background screening is required, which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local, state and national law enforcement records.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION RESPONSES TO THE QUALIFYING QUESTIONS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE VERIFIABLE BASED ON YOUR SUBMITTED APPLICATION.
The Government Operations Consultant I is a member of the Reemployment Assistance Workforce Management Team within the Division of Workforce Services. This work is responsible for assisting with analyzing real-time call volume, back-office workload, various employee phone states while maintaining attendance and time-keeping records across the DEO Reemployment Assistance (RA) Program Operation. Effectively uses the Workforce Management (WFM) data collection application and all related applications to assist and provide direction to ensure workload is handled to achieve service level goals. This position is responsible for reporting non-adherent activities which exceed pre-set thresholds. Measures real-time adherence, observes call flow and adjusts schedules in an accurate and timely fashion to meet business objectives.
THIS POSITION HAS THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of reemployment assistance law, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection and analysis.
- Ability to collect, evaluate, and analyze data to develop alternative recommendation, solve problems, document work flow, and other activities relating to the improvement of operational and management practices.
- Ability to develop training materials and train others.
- Ability to organize data into logical format for presentation in reports, documents, and other written materials.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to utilize problem solving techniques.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, policies, and procedures relating to operational management analysis activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to readily take on new challenges and adapt to changes.
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Applications with emphasis in Excel.
THE HIRED CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Observes activities and ensures employees are adhering to posted schedules. Also, assists with reviewing real-time statistics across various measures such as service level, average handle time (AHT), average speed answered (ASA), occupancy, adherence, amongst others and actively displays knowledge and understanding of these key performance indicators. Assists with changes to daily schedules to resolve short-term capacity issues, absenteeism and work queues, as well as technical and application issues.
- Accurately completes the data entry of the adherence adjustment forms to adjust employee schedules accordingly. Assists with analyzing employees’ adherence to provide Leadership with real-time data and possible alternatives to control impromptu situations.
- Assists with preparing the agent states report for time keeping preparation daily. Assists with preparing and distributing intraday reports on employee attendance as well as time and attendance reports to Leadership and other departments as requested.
- Assists with duties associated with the Workforce Management (WFM) Employee Hotline; updating schedules and reports to reflect change in staffing and advise Leadership of any unauthorized overtime/make up time.
- Accurately completes the data entry of the leave, make-up time and overtime request forms daily to adjust employees’ schedules accordingly. Performs data entry of the employees’ worked hours into the time-keeping file daily for the DEO RA Program Operation teams. Ensures hours are accurately accumulated and categorized in a format compatible with the business payroll procedures.
- Assists with preparing and maintaining the daily roster for emergency evacuations.
- Assists with establishing and facilitating meetings/trainings to communicate established/new processes and procedures in area of expertise.
- Assists in the development of any reports and/or processes that increase the ability of the DEO RA Contact Center service to effectively and accurately plan acceptable performance results.
- Maintains close working relationships with team members through open communication and ongoing transfer of knowledge to ensure all areas benefit from the collective experience while maintaining the integrity of the WFM data collection application.
- Performs other related duties as required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Duties and responsibilities of this position must be performed at the official work site of the Department.
- Ability to travel.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO THOSE APPLICANTS THAT HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS
- Have at least 2 years of experience in Contact/Call Center.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.