Requisition ID: 221551
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our business and customers.
Bechtel Procurement and Contracts offers talented individuals who have initiative, integrity, and a determination to tackle the most complex supply chain challenges of supporting projects located around the world, using suppliers located around the world, and managing logistics to connect the two.
Each year, Bechtel’s procurement teams buy approximately $3 billion of goods and services from suppliers in more than 50 countries. Once purchased, those good and services must be delivered to projects worldwide often to some of the most remote and challenging locations in the world. Supply Chain and Procurement professionals at Bechtel help make this happen through various avenues, including:
· Contracts & Subcontracts
· Inventory & Warehouse Management
· Materials Management
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on the project needs, and may include Houston, TX or Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
The Procurement and Contracts organization is responsible for obtaining the equipment and materials needed for our projects. As a member of this team, you’ll perform functions that include work planning, sourcing, supplying, delivering, and storing procured equipment and materials to projects worldwide.
Contracts lead the information and management of service agreements. For our projects, you will participate in all aspects of contracting, including engaging private partnerships, design and engineering firms, construction subcontractors, and other service providers.
The various procurement and contracts activities demand detail-oriented individuals with multifaced skills, flexibility, enthusiasm for individual and team tasks, and knowledge of supply chain functions, contract terms, and legal requirements.
· Provide expertise in the qualification, evaluation, negotiation, and selection of global suppliers and contractors
· Manage purchase orders and subcontracts to ensure satisfactory performance and adherence to the terms and conditions
· Manage complex logistics efforts in the transportation, receipt, and storage of equipment and material that originate in all parts of the world
· Build supplier and contractor relationships
· Lead category management teams that provide products and services from a supply chain center
· Perform materials management to ensure material is properly planned, scheduled, and received for project use
General Job Duties
Supply Chain and Procurement interns may be responsible for:
· Performing tasks involved in the formulation and administration of purchase orders
· Preparing contracts that maps out project scope, schedule, and terms
· Contacting suppliers to obtain timely submission of engineering data
· Coordinating shipments with requisite internal and external entities of materials and equipment
· Reviewing material requisitions from a Supplier Quality perspective
· Currently enrolled in a four-year bachelor’s degree program in Supply Chain Management, Production and Operations Management, or Logistics Management from an accredited college or university
· Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
· Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
· Completed relevant coursework
· Previous co-op or internship experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.