Requisition ID: 221553
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our business and customers.
Through implementation of our quality management system and six sigma program, Bechtel delivers what others can only promise for its customers. Not only do our team members provide the expertise needed to ensure that all procedures and documentation meet quality requirements, but they are relentless in their efforts to continuously improve, capitalize on automation and deliver more for less, helping Bechtel maintain its reputation as one of the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. Join us as we revolutionize quality and build your career as you build some the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
The total number of Quality hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs, and may include Houston, TX or Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
· Partner with project leaders to model and reward quality behaviors
· Implement and sustain the quality core processes: six sigma, lessons learned, closed loop corrective action, and performance-based quality
· Assist in the development and implementation of quality assurance procedures, standardized metrics, and quality performance dashboard
· Ensure that quality-related procedures and manuals conform to corporate/project quality assurance program/plan requirements
· Develop quality audit checklists and conduct audits of engineering, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or decommissioning for compliance to procedures and quality program/plan requirements
· Participate in monitoring the implementation of the project quality program/plan, including the review of selected documents to assure applicable quality requirements are met
· Assess project quality documentation and quality control inspection plans
· Conduct qualitative and cognitive trending based on data from various issues management systems
· Conduct in-process reviews of engineering, procurement, and construction processes to identify issues early and recommend lasting corrective actions
· Bachelors of Science degree in any discipline within Engineering, Business Administration, Business Management, or Construction Management from an accredited college or university within twelve (12) months of graduation date
· Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
· Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel domestic and/or international project jobsites
· Master’s degree in any discipline within Engineering, Business Administration, Business Management, or Construction Management from an accredited college or University within twelve (12) months of graduation
· Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
· Previous co-op or internship experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.