Requisition ID: 221826
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting the design and construction of some of the most challenging mega projects located all over the world. Project Controls is one of the key functions within Bechtel. The function provides Estimating, Planning and Scheduling, and Cost Engineering services to the rest of the company. Locations will vary based on the project needs, and may include Houston, TX or Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
Supports cost estimating, analysis, and control activities and schedule development, maintenance, reporting, and monitoring activities, as directed. For a large project or staff group, duties encompass a variety of tasks, but remain within parameters established by the procedure or process being supported. For a medium project staff group, duties encompass a variety of tasks that are required to support the project/group.
The following duties are general/common across disciplines within the Project Controls function:
- Collects or receives, as directed, drawings and other scope definition documentation that applies to assigned discipline or commodity specialty and verifies adequacy and completeness.
- Performs, as directed, routine quantity takeoffs, within discipline or commodity specialty, from engineering and construction drawings.
- Collects and tabulates quantity data for summary comparisons and reconciliations, or verifies quantities provided by others.
- Prepares and presents cost/schedule information at meetings, as directed.
The following duties are performed with respect to Cost Engineering and Estimating:
- Applies unit rates (cost and job hour) to quantities and performs extensions for total cost estimates, as assigned within a discipline or commodity specialty.
- Assembles and compiles estimate data and prepares designated portions of budgets, as directed.
- Performs routine assigned tasks related to preparation and application of cost monitoring and control standards, techniques, programs, and reports.
- Assists in collecting and classifying cost data, as directed.
- Assists in analyzing cost data, as directed.
The following duties are performed with respect to Scheduling:
- Assists in identifying the scope associated with schedule activities, as directed.
- Gathers appropriate information that defines general work requirements for a performing organization and unit.
- Prepares broad activity logic and any required interfaces between activities on schedules.
- Prepares durations for schedule activities within a discipline or specialty, as directed.
- Gathers and organizes appropriate quantity and workforce information for an assigned discipline or specialty.
- Assists in routine quantity/workforce loading in support of discipline or specialty work logic.
- Identifies information needs from other disciplines to support activities for an assigned discipline or specialty.
- Traces critical-path events or activities, as directed.
- Performs routine assigned tasks related to preparation and application of schedule update and monitoring activities.
- Reports schedule deviations on assigned tasks related to a discipline or specialty.
- Gathers information to support specific schedule studies, as directed.
- Gathers schedule workforce and quantity data for updating and providing current actual information (status) for discipline or specialty progress and performance reports, as directed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, or related Business degree
- Ability to conduct site walkdowns which may consist of climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces and within confined spaces, with reasonable accommodations
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without visa sponsorship, now or in the future
- Working knowledge of Primavera or Microsoft Project Scheduling software, Power BI, Access, and/or Excel
- Prior internship experience working in an engineering, project management, construction management environment
- Prior internship or college project experience in estimating, planning and scheduling, budget control and cost control
- Basic understanding of technical processes, interpretation of engineering drawings, and project management practices associated with engineering and construction projects
- Ability and willingness to frequently relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsite locations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated levels of initiative and engagement via positions of leadership in academic, sports and/or extracurricular activities
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.