Requisition ID: 221523
Bechtel is people. We provide the expertise and experience of our people to build some of the most challenging and iconic projects in the world. The successful candidate will perform a variety of human resources operations support activities in Talent Acquisition, Employee Mobility, Diversity & Inclusion, and HR Workforce Analytics at our Glendale, AZ; Houston, TX; and Reston, VA locations. A summary of a few of these areas is as follows:
Talent Acquisition – assists with recruitment, TA operational processes, and social media, sourcing and website support. Also, ensures appropriate systems are utilized for recordkeeping and documentation of HR transactions.
Employee Mobility – assists with the relocation of employees to and from domestic and international work locations. May support the initiation and coordination of move management vendor to facilitate transporting and storage of employee’s household goods. Updates mobility management software for each action and provides status updates to projects, as required.
Diversity & Inclusion – Assist with external engagement preparation, planning of global BRG meetings and professional society national and regional meetings for Bechtel – including SWE, SHPE, NSBE, NACME, and Catalyst. Also, helps support Advisory Councils, coordinate BRG efforts to foster one collaboration amongst groups and community outreach events. Additional duties include content development, strategy assessment, program delivery, as well as D&I Dashboard, and data analysis.
HR Workforce Analytics – works with SAP HRMS and BI to prepare, initiate, and execute, including: hires, rehires, transfers, miscellaneous input, employee relocations, leave of absences, employee separation, salary action forms, exceptions to policy, hiring action forms, and organization management. Interprets assignment conditions and allowances for employees on assignment. Initiates relocation for national and international transfers via mobility management software. Verifies accuracy of work pursuant to established procedures, including post audit of peers' work. Identifies and resolves issues with documents.
Business Resource Groups
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations include Glendale AZ, Houston, TX, or Reston, VA.
Human Resources professionals at Bechtel help recruit, develop, motivate, and retain the best people in our business. From staffing, to learning and talent development, our HR team supports Bechtel’s efforts to be a great place to work that offers our people challenging work, rewards and recognition, career-long learning, and plenty of room to grow.
Recruiting and Staffing
- Recruit students for internships and post-college careers
- Support the hiring and onboarding of new employees
Compensation and Benefits
- Design and administer innovative benefits and wellness programs
- Support salary, bonus, recognition and total rewards programs
Learning and Development
- Develop high-impact learning programs to help employees at all levels build their skills, as well as their careers
Employee Relations/Diversity and Inclusion
- Support employees and managers in resolving issues
- Help colleagues build and maintain an inclusive work environment
- Use of various HR technologies to support a wide range of HR business processes
- Define strategies for the selection, implementation, and operation of these technologies
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Global Business Management, Organizational Development, Psychology, Sociology, or Communications, from an accredited college or University
- Completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in one of the above fields
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to efficiently organize work activities to meet deadlines
- Self-starter, ability to use sound business judgment in carrying out assigned tasks
- Ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to learn new software programs
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.