Requisition ID: 222288
- Relocation Authorized: National – Single
- Project No.: [[cust_projectNumber]]
- Grade: 22-23
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? [[cust_panelInterview]]
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our engineers use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
The various Geotechnical Engineering tasks demand detail-oriented individuals with multi-faceted skills, particularly in-depth technical expertise, flexibility, enthusiasm for individual and team tasks, and analytical problem-solving capabilities.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will work in multi-disciplinary teams and provide expertise in subsurface investigations, developing engineering properties of soils and rock, designing and analyzing shallow and deep foundations, evaluating slope and embankment stability, and providing field oversight of earthwork and pile installation.
Locations will vary based on project needs and may include Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
General Job Duties
This position will allow you to perform assignments that will develop professional working knowledge and abilities through the application of applicable codes and standards, as well as engineering calculations and techniques, procedures and criteria. You will exercise limited, but increasing, judgment in performing your assigned duties using methods prescribed by your supervisor.
Typical Activities of the Geotechnical Engineering Team:
- Provide field support
- Develop analytical calculations
- Perform numerical modeling
- Draft technical specifications and geotechnical report
- Participate in site visits and meetings with project personnel and clients
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geotechnical Engineering at an accredited college or university
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the US without visa sponsorship, now or in the future
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Previous co-op or internship experience
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.