Requisition ID: 221540
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovate, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
Within ES&H, employees provide support to the project safety supervisor or safety and health manager. They also support the implementation of hazard and management processes under the overall supervision of the safety and health manager and support the implementation of safety and health management systems.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs, and may include Houston, TX and Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
General Job Duties
Provide field assistance of construction, or other technical functions which may include the following:
- performing inspections and assisting in researching, extracting, analyzing, and compiling technical data;
- assisting in preparation of reports, graphs, proposals, studies, and correspondence;
- assisting in preliminary hazard analysis and activity hazard analysis development and reviews;
- assisting in, and reviewing, project safety and health technical documents;
- assisting in the preparation of contract/subcontract bid packages and material requisitions;
- assisting in inspection of construction work for compliance with project requirements; and
- assisting in software application database management
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Studies (which may include Environmental Management or Safety Management), Construction (with a focus on Safety), or Public Health from an accredited college or university within twelve (12) months of graduation date
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
- Master of Science degree program in Environmental Studies (which may include Environmental Management or Safety Management), Construction (with a focus on Safety), or Public Health from accredited college or University within twelve (12) months of graduation date
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.