Requisition ID: 221977
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our business and customers.
Bechtel's construction teams are proud of their role as builders, completing projects around the world – often under difficult conditions in challenging locations. Supervisors, superintendents, and field engineers are the on-site pros who bring a project to life. There is a world of career opportunities for Construction professionals at Bechtel, including field engineering, project estimating, scheduling & cost control, and craft supervision.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on the project needs, and may include Houston, TX or Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
Bechtel is synonymous with construction. We have been a construction-driven company from the beginning. The industry is constantly changing, and the challenge must be met with innovative, self-starting field engineers who possess strong technical backgrounds and the ability to develop working relationships throughout the many facets of the organization.
Field engineers at Bechtel provide technical direction to superintendents and craft workers to complete our projects safely, efficiently, and cost effectively, while meeting required technical and quality standards. As a field engineer at Bechtel, you'll have the opportunity to work in various disciplines, such as civil, electrical, mechanical, piping, instrumentation, welding, and quality.
Also included in the construction engineering field are subcontract coordinators, who manage the daily interface between subcontractors and the rest of the construction site.
- Design temporary construction facilities
– selecting and specifying equipment
– preparing flow or detailed system piping and instrumentation diagrams
– performing system and equipment sizing calculations
– establishing facility design requirements and develop the system safety basis
– reviewing supplier designs
– preparing ventilation and instrumentation diagrams
– performing corrosion and erosion evaluations for systems and equipment
- Interface with other functions including engineering and procurement
- Perform constructability reviews
- Plan and package the work for the craft
- Verify installed quantities
- Resolve technical issues with designer of record
- Manage equipment and materials, both permanent plant materials or material used for indirect construction use
- Perform inspections and tests to verify quality and manage quality records
- Interact with subcontractors
- Implement standard work processes and procedures
General Job Duties
Construction professionals are typically responsible for:
- Reviewing drawings for constructability and providing interpretation to craft and/or installation subcontractors
- Monitoring construction activities to ensure quality, project schedule adherence and compliance with drawings, and specifications and codes, through regular inspections
- Performing quantity takeoffs and assist with the preparation of field material requisitions
- Conducting site visits for the purpose of producing daily reports of the work and/or subcontractor activities
- Coordinating input to the quantity tracking and progress database used for measuring project completion
- Monitoring actual cost versus budget
- Preparing punch lists to track incomplete work
- Attending subcontractor bid walks and assist in bid evaluation to support subcontract award
- Maintaining the highest level of safety awareness and ensure all tasks are completed to the highest safety standards
- Bachelor of Science degree program in Construction Management or Welding at an accredited college or university
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
- Master of Science degree program in Construction Management or Welding at an accredited college or university
- Completed relevant coursework
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Practical work experience in a construction environment
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Fluency in multiple languages (preferably Spanish, Arabic, or French)
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.