Requisition ID: 221504
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our engineers use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
The various Civil, Structural, and Architectural Engineering tasks at Bechtel demand detail-oriented individuals with multifaceted skills, particularly in-depth technical expertise, flexibility, enthusiasm for individual and team tasks, and analytical problem-solving capabilities.
As a CSA Engineer, you will work in multidisciplinary teams and provide expertise in structural dynamics, seismic analysis, concrete technology, foundation design, steel structure design, and road and railway design.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs, and may include Houston, TX or Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
General Job Duties
This entry level position will allow you to perform assignments that will develop professional working knowledge and abilities through the application of applicable codes and standards, as well as engineering calculations and techniques, procedures and criteria. You will exercise limited, but increasing, judgment in performing your assigned duties using methods prescribed by your supervisor.
Typical Activities of the Structural Team:
- Analysis and design of reinforced concrete structures
- Analysis and design of steel structures
- Finite-element analysis for seismic, thermal, and blast events
- Analysis of supporting foundations for vibrating/rotating equipment and equipment isolation
- Foundation design and analysis
Typical Activities of the Civil Team:
- Foundation layout, underground utility, and stormwater drainage system design
- Railway alignment and roadway design
- Site preparation
- Finish grading and paving
- Ponds and reservoirs
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering from an accredited college or university within twelve (12) months of graduation date
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the US without visa sponsorship, now or in the future
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Master of Science degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering from an accredited college or university within twelve (12) months of graduation date
- Completed relevant cuorsework with a strong GPA
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.