Requisition ID: 222289
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries.
Our employees use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers and our business.
BDAC university hires will utilize state of the art cloud infrastructure and Data Science tools to provide data-driven insights to challenges at a global scale. They will collect, transform, analyze and model data from across various data sources and present findings to internal stakeholders. There is a world of opportunities for people in BDAC at Bechtel.
The BDAC hires individuals in the following areas: Big Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Cloud Systems Architecture, Data Visualization, and in other areas in support of our corporate data analytics needs. These areas all play an important role within our organization and are essential to generating value from our data assets and building repeatable, and robust models for achieving our company's business goals and objectives.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs, and may include Houston, TX, Glendale, AZ, and Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
General Job Duties:
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Cleaning data using data science techniques (e.g., detecting outliers, developing strategies for data
- Transforming data and feature engineering
- Developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Evaluating the performance of machine learning models
- Preparing visualizations and reports
- Communicating findings to internal business stakeholders
- Ingesting data from source systems into a cloud-based data environment
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Bachelor of Science degree program in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies in one of the above fields
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S without sponsorship
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Programming knowledge of either Python, R, SQL, Scala, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior co-op or internship experience
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.