Requisition ID: 221943
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Architects work within the Civil, Structural, and Architectural (CSA) Engineeing department and work in multi-disciplinary teams to provide support to CSA aspects of our projects. This includes architecture of industrial facilities, power plants, or commercial facilities.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs and may include Houston, TX or Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
General Job Duties
Architects may be responsible for:
- preparing and reviewing drawings and specifications
- contributing to the design process by utilizing software platforms including Revit, Adobe Creativ Suite, AutoCAD, or Sketchup
- demonstrating awareness of the implications of building codes and project requirements
- working collaboratively in a cross-discipline environment to produce integrated project documents
- attending project team meetings
- assisting in product research
- providing construction support as it relates to architectural design activities
- Bachelor of Architecture or Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Architecture program at an accredited college or university
- Display strong communication skills, comfortable working both independently and in a team environment on a variety of tasks
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without visa sponsorship, now or in the future
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Bachelor of Architecture program at an accredited college or university
- Previous co-op or internship experience
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.