Requisition ID: 221492
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Our engineers use their ideas and ingenuity to create innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
The various Plant Design & Piping (PD&P) Engineering tasks at Bechtel demand detail-oriented individuals with multifaceted skills, particularly in-depth technical expertise, flexibility, enthusiasm for individual and team tasks, and analytical problem-solving capabilities.
Each year, we hire many Plant Design & Piping (PD&P) interns. The total number of hries and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on project needs, and may include Houston, TX and Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
Typical Activities of the PD&P Team
Plant Design and Piping (PD&P) interns assist with the engineering specifications and support of:
- Development of site/building general arrangements
- Generate calculations and drawings for piping and pipe supports
- Work in the 3D model to develop designs for piping, equipment, HVAC, or pipe supports
- Examine and analyze pipe configurations for ANSI/ASME code compliance
- Optimize facility layout based on piping and instrument diagrams, client requirements, current technology, and operational and maintenance requirements
- Interface with other engineering disciplines, construction, startup, and vendors during development of facility design
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Bachelor of Science program in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project jobsites
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the US without visa sponsorship, now or in the future
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Currently enrolled in a Master of Science program in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Prior co-op or internship experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.