Requisition Number: 77888
About the Company
Insight is a technology Solutions Provider serving global and local clients in 170 countries. Today, thousands of clients rely on Insight to acquire, implement and manage technology solutions to empower their business. Insight’s success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Our culture lives in our teammates. Insight is looking for great people who will embrace our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. Hunger to create new opportunities for our clients. Heart to make a positive impact in people’s lives. Harmony to celebrate each other’s unique contributions to bring solutions to clients.
Our Client is currently seeking an experienced 07167 IT Help Desk Analyst – Application (Contract) in Edmonton, AB starting on or around September 1, 2020. This is a Seven (7) months term with possibility of extension at client’s discretion. The ideal candidate will have 4 years of HelpDesk experience supporting multiple web-based applications, using a ticketing system to log issues through to resolution, and experience working with Microsoft Office suite of tools. Excellent communication and positive attitude is required. All candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications will be accepted until: Tuesday August 4, 2020.
- Help Desk Analyst works directly with end users to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Receive and respond to inquiries related to applications supported by the Help Desk.
- Advise inquirers of any resolution to an inquiry.
- Utilize Help Desk software to enter tickets and retrieve logged calls for resolution, or forward pending inquiries to the next level of expert support.
- Test end-user solutions, ‘bug-fixes’ and new features of applications to ensure they adequately address client concerns.
- Maintain a repository of known problems/issues and related resolution/’work around’; and a repository of best practices, for each application.
- Maintain an understanding of applications to ensure maximum support effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain documentation as required.
- Recording and classifying calls/inquiries in the Help Desk software application.
- Communicating application errors found during call resolution and testing application when errors are resolved.
Mandatory (Must have):
- 4 years experience with supporting multiple web based applications.
- 4 years experience as an Application Help Desk
- 4 years experience working with Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- 4 years experience in utilization of any of the following Help Desk software or equivalency: BMC Remedy, Cherwell, MS Team Foundation Server, Rational ClearQuest, HEAT
- 4 years experience in user identity verification processes, and maintaining users IDs, passwords and accounts permission levels for business applications.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Desirable (Nice to have):
- 1 year experience supporting web-based systems with knowledge of various internet browsers using multiple devices, including but not limited to: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari.
- 1 year experience in planning/performing/monitoring User Acceptance testing
- 1 year experience providing end user operational system support, including data collection, data editing, data validation and data conversion within an enterprise system that contains user information.
- 1 year experience developing, reviewing and delivering user manuals and training materials.
- 1 year experience documenting user requirements, business processes, and workflows.
- 1 year experience working with MS SharePoint sites
Education (Must Have one of the following combinations):
- University degree in Information Technology (IT); OR 2-yr diploma & 3-yr related experience; OR 1-yr certificate in IT & 4-yr related experience.
Please submit your resume describing your relevant experience. We thank you for your interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. All qualified applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Internal teammate application guidelines:
- Meet the minimum qualifications and requirements of the position;
- Have completed twelve (12) months service in their current position; six (6) months of service in warehouse roles;
- Not be under a disciplinary evaluation or suspension period;
- Have satisfactory performance in their current position;
- Have their current manager/supervisor recommendation
Do you know someone who would make a great Insight teammate?
Referrals are the best way to build quality teams – and a great way for you to earn a little extra cash. Please visit the Teammate Referral Policy page on Inside.Insight to find out how you can refer someone to this job at Insight.
Insight’s success begins with our people making meaningful connections every day. Our culture lives in our teammates. Insight is looking for great people who will embrace our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. Hunger to create new opportunities for our clients. Heart to make a positive impact in people’s lives. Harmony to celebrate each other’s unique contributions to bring solutions to clients.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: canadajobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Edmonton || Alberta (CA-AB) || Canada (CA) || None || None || CA – Edmonton, AB ||