There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Kansas – Olathe
Function: Marketing / Sales
Title: Writer, Customer Connections – 81476
Are you a Creative Writer of Customer Connections with a passion for Agriculture? Can you write with wit and wisdom to easily Additionally, you will connect with farmers? And can you translate technical product information into easy-to-understand copy across a variety of media? If so, then you may be a perfect addition to the Production & Precision Ag creative team in Olathe, Kansas. As a creative writer, you’ll be John Deere’s voice to our customers. You’ll write copy for print and digital ads, social media posts, product brochures, and JohnDeere.com. You’ll also write scripts for TV and radio spots as well as short- and long-form videos. Therefore, you need a strong understanding of what writing style works best for each medium, strong project management skills, and an ability to collaborate with designers, photographers, and video producers to deliver concise, compelling, and high-quality advertising materials.
- Plan and supervise field and studio photo and video programs
- Present advertising campaigns, initiatives, and metrics to internal stakeholders
- Manage projects from concept through completion
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 10 years of advertising copywriting experience
- Exceptional creative writing skills across a wide variety of media
- Exceptional project management and organization skills
- An impeccable attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines consistently
- Experience developing and executing advertising campaigns for business-to-business or business-to-consumer customer segments
- Proficient use of Apple Mac OS; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat and InDesign
- Willing to travel up to 50% domestically, and seasonally
- Able to thrive in a collaborative, creative team environment
What Makes You Stand Out
- Agri-business or capital goods advertising or communications background
- Advertising or communications account planning/supervision experience
- Digital consumer journey understanding
- Collaborative, proactive, and creative work style
- Direct mail/email campaign development and execution
- Social media campaign development and execution
- Photo/video program coordination and supervision
- Online project management system experience
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, public relations, journalism, or other communication disciplines
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.