Req Id: 295776
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Digital Producer – CTVNews.ca, Bell Media
Location: 9 Channel Nine Court, Toronto (Ontario)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Evenings and weekends will be required.
If you thrive on breaking news, but remain calm under pressure, see news as a public service, will happily debate Oxford commas, and receive a thrill every time you are first and accurate on breaking news, you’ve landed at the right job posting.
You will work with the national digital news team where you will be expected to assign and edit content for CTVNews.ca, a high-profile platform reaching one of the biggest audiences in Canada.
We are looking for a qualified journalist who has proven editing skills, experience with daily deadlines, and an instinct for what works on digital platforms. This person will have the ability to multi-task seamlessly while managing a team of people and staying on top of news as it comes.
Reporting to the Senior Web Producer, the digital producer will be responsible for assigning and editing digital content and managing the homepage. The successful candidate will have daily newsroom experience, excellent communication skills and experience writing and editing for a digital audience.
- Writing and editing breaking news for the website, social media and mobile applications
- Homepage and lineup management
- Developing and executing content and social media strategy for major news events
- Pitching and delivering insightful analysis and background stories
- Work with other teams to develop interactive and explanatory features for news specials
- Monitor and publish wires, with an eye to SEO, keywords and social sharing
- Manage multiple social media streams for news (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others) and when required, send news alerts to mobile apps
- Work closely with CTV News producers to extend general broadcast content on the website, and extend web-based content into the TV environment
- Excellent news judgment, ability to recognize emerging story
- Degree in Journalism
- At least 8 years’ online experience
- Experience managing and supervising a team in a newsroom
- Experience copy editing and proofreading written content
- Superior organization, communication and time-management skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, plus advanced knowledge of CP Style Guide
- Exceptional computer skills and familiarity with Content Management Systems and news-gathering systems
- Demonstrated ability to originate coverage on developing stories including popular trends and features
- Demonstrated ability to think visually when crafting a story
- Experience or proven understanding of emerging mobile news standards
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media – Freelancer
Job Status: Temporary – Full time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 06/25/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.