At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
We are seeking qualified applicants to fill a variety of welding and fitting roles at our facility in Barberton, Ohio. By applying to this position, you give consent for BWXT to consider you for, and contact you about, opportunities within its operations department ranging from fitting to manual, robotic, sub arc, or other specialty welding roles.
- Qualified candidate will perform welding operations on large and small components.
- Successful candidate will be knowledgeable of multiple welding processes including robotic welders, automatic Mechanical welders, the set up and operation of positioners, fixtures, grinding equipment, hand tools and be able to use precision measuring tools.
- Works from detailed written and verbal instructions to set up and perform welding operations.
Job Qualifications / Requirements:
- ALL applicants must pass a Pre-Employment Weld Screen in order to be considered for this position. In addition, an online assessment will be administered and will include a basic mechanical comprehension section.
- Must have the ability to read and understand Blueprints and pass all weld certification tests.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience is required in Fabrication. Lesser experience coupled with formal training and/or previous certifications may be acceptable.
- High school diploma/GED is required for all BWXT positions, and graduation date will be verified via background check.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to work ANY SHIFT.
Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check prior to hire date.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.