Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- The employee is responsible for reading, interpreting and performing welding techniques to fabricate parts to be used in the manufacturing of product. This includes possessing basic mechanical knowledge and use of hand tools; following instruction on how to load jigs, and weld small parts.
- The employee must be competent in use of all measuring tools used by AGCO welding department.
- The employee is responsible for use of cutting equipment as deemed necessary and understanding hard welding.
- The employee must maintain proper product counts and report them as required in a timely manner.
- Employee is responsible for any re-work or corrections as necessary to ensure a product meets specifications.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Applicants must demonstrate competence in welding skills prior to job hire. Post hire testing is required.
- Good organization skills, ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Basic math skills
- Detail oriented
- Available to work extended hours as required
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
Other Requirements & Work Environment:
- Must wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE): Steel-toed boots, protective eyewear, hearing protection, welders mask/shield, welding sleeves, and hand protection.
- Ability to use pliers and hand tools
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be, an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with this job. This job description is intended as an accurate reflection of principal job requirements and working conditions. Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short-term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.