In the role of Weekend Facilities Technician you will provide and manage the daily and preventative maintenance program within the community to include overall inspection, repair, and general maintenance of apartments and other interior/exterior areas.
- Prepare or assist in preparing all market-ready apartments with little or no guidelines for turn time, which may include painting, carpet cleaning, general repairs, and housekeeping.
- Perform various preventative maintenance functions utilizing the TELS Program. Record activity in maintenance log.
- Complete daily community inspections including keeping grounds and common areas free of trash and debris. Recommend the repair or replacement of any interior and/or exterior areas
- Perform various maintenance functions such as electrical installations, pool maintenance, carpentry/construction, furnace and air conditioner repairs, filter changing, coil cleaning, plumbing and appliance repairs, drywall and painting repairs, vinyl installation and repairs, minor roof repairs, etc.
- Monitor the maintenance and upkeep of all mechanical equipment in the community, including but limited to: water heaters, HVAC units, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Understand and adhere to Maintenance budgets, work with AMD and Management team. Ensure open communication with Management team, RD, AMD, and Life Safety Group.
- Assist in monitoring capital improvement projects. Implement the Home Office Maintenance programs (i.e., HVAC, carpet, mold, etc)
- Performance on-call emergency service as required
- Control maintenance storage and mechanical rooms. Ensure proper use and care of all tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Must meet Holiday Maintenance education/training requirements of receiving 2 class certifications per year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on maintenance experience in areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, etc is required.
- Ability to perform and/or coordinate emergency building repairs at Holiday-managed communities; includes contacting and contracting subcontractors to complete repairs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in the safe handling and use of tools normally used in construction, maintenance, and landscaping. Includes but not limited to: circular saw, power drill, bench grinder, string trimmer, hedge trimmer, power floor cleaner, carpet cleaner, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner, chain saw, and key machine.
- Valid drivers’ license and good driving record along with proof of auto insurance is required
- EPA certified in Freon recovery and handling, or able and willing to obtain certification within 6 months of assignment.
- Ability to lift up 50 pounds periodically.