Primary location: Dallas, Texas
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
Pay grade: 11/12/13
Location: Remote Work position located in Dallas, Texas
Worthington Armstrong Venture (WAVE), a joint venture of Worthington and Armstrong World Industries, has established worldwide leadership in the production of suspended ceiling systems. WAVE produces metal ceiling grids that can be combined with Armstrong ceiling boards as a complete package or sold individually.
Founded in 1992, WAVE operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the golden rule. This philosophy serves as an unwavering commitment to the customer, supplier, and shareholder, and it serves as the foundation for one of the strongest employee-employer partnerships in American industry.
For more information, please visit www.worthingtonarmstrongventure.com
Our WAVE Sales Team has an exciting opportunity in corporate sales! The General Contractor Development Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with the Top 20 General Contractors nationally and the Top 5 Regional mid-sized GC’s (East and West).
This is a remote position. The ideal candidate will be located in one of the following or surrounding areas: Texas, LA, Chicago, Salt Lake City or Kansas City
- Execute measurable progress with General Contractors (GC), CM at risk, Design Build firms, Self-performing GC firms per strategy plan
- Align with regional teams, with support from the Construction Efficiencies Design Manager, to convert these bidding contractors to Armstrong Integrated solutions.
- Operates as the North America Relationship Manager who liaises between Armstrong Sales (East and West) with large- scale General and Sub Contractor partners who work with key sub contractors to communicate Armstrong’s Integrated Solutions in support of the growth strategy of product preference and selection.
- Drive Armstrong Value and resolve project issues in an expedited manner with the support of the local Armstrong regional teams, promoting sustained revenue growth through client retention, referral generation, and the leveraging of cross-sales opportunities.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of products/services and respective marketplaces, including regulatory trends, competitor strategies, product growth, general economic conditions, and other relevant information.
- Hold and manage large GC training events for integrated solutions, drywall grid (DGS), Axiom, Lighting and More that includes Regional sales teams to present and network with key members of the GC preconstruction team but not limited to Sub-Contractors.
- Create and Maintain GC Associations and Attend GC conferences and local events
Accountabilities and Performance Metrics
- Sales of all WAVE products with a focus on DGS/ Axiom-Serpentina product lines.
- Growth of specific assigned customers or Americas markets
- Expense Management
- Completion of Support Assignments
- Reports to Channel Sales & Development Manager
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor degree, or 6-8 years of sales related experience
- Corporate and sales relationship experience is a must. Must be able to deliver Armstrong value story to Owner, Architect and Sub-contractor through leveraging the GC relationship.
- Strong communication skills and reports pertinent information at key milestones through clear, concise oral and written communication.
- Strong commercial skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships at various levels within an organization with the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and direct cross functional resources in a positive manner.
- Ability to review Architectural and Interior Design drawings is a requirement.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated an ability to anticipate and plan ahead to manage potential barriers, obstacles, or “roadblocks” in maintaining progress toward set milestones
- Demonstrates creativity with a keen focus on innovation. Ability to think outside of the box and is intellectually curious.
Physical and Mental Demands
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit for prolonged periods; repetitive motion of hands/wrists/fingers; concentrate and repeat the same physical or mental activities over and over; think analytically and be exact or highly accurate; make decisions such as to identify complex problems, develop options and implement solutions; work in a team; ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADAAA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards; pay attention to and remember details; communicate effectively including active listening to understand points being made, and asking appropriate questions and not interrupting inappropriately; speak to convey information effectively; write to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience; read to understand work related documents; move between different physical locations within and between buildings; and push, pull, carry and lift in the normal course of travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with standard level of noise common to an office environment including office equipment and co-workers speaking to each other and on phones. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment when entering the floor of manufacturing facilities based on the specific requirements of each location.
Equal Opportunity Employer: AWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans