Established, Entrepreneurial, Empowered…Explore the Opportunities!
Chem-Aqua – Water Treatment Sales Consultant
Chem-Aqua is the wholly owned water treatment subsidiary of NCH Corporation, a privately owned specialty chemicals, maintenance supplies, and services company with over $1 billion in annual sales. We are seeking top-tier talent to support our growth strategy. We offer an unparalleled training program, uncapped income potential, and a culture that recognizes results, yet embraces the importance of work/life balance. Join the Chem-Aqua team, where your initiative and contributions will be noticed and make a difference.
The Water Treatment Sales Consultant will be responsible for identifying, developing, and servicing existing and new accounts in the greater market. They will work closely with our customers to provide water treatment programs tailored to their specific needs. "This is a remote position."
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Development and performance of all sales activities in the assigned territory (i.e. lead generation, cold calling, and appointment setting).
- Promotion and sales of maintenance services to new and existing Chem-Aqua customers.
- “Hands-on” servicing of accounts which includes but is not limited to; chemical testing, calibration and repair of chemical feed related equipment, and visual inspections of systems when necessary.
- Schedule service and sales calls – includes daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Identify new business needs and opportunities, and develop and implement customized solutions for our customers
- High School Diploma, College Degree Preferred.
- Experience in water treatment, water hygiene, environmental health and safety, and/or secondary disinfection is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in sales with a proven successful track record.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, and management skill.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with experience working on teams from multiple locations.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- MUST be Highly Motivated and a Self-Starter.
- Perform physical work in a HVAC, cooling towers, or boiler equipment environment requiring exposure to chemicals, noise, hot & cold temperatures and inclement weather
- MUST be in good physical ability – the job requires frequent walking to and from worksite.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record (DMV record will be checked)
- Ability to work flexible schedule, some weekends required depending on the servicing of accounts
- Required work activities include but are not limited to, climbing and descending stairs and ladders (from 10-30’ in height), sometimes while carrying drums of chemicals weighing up to 75 pounds while maintaining a 3-point ladder contact (per OSHA rules). As of the date of this job description, the available ladders have a weight limit of 375 pounds
- Be able to wear protective gear for the face, ears, and gloves
- 35% travel required
NCH Corporation offers a full suite of benefits, employee development and recognition programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.