Job Requisition ID: 16657
Our Warehouse Associates are responsible for accurately performing warehouse activities related to the receiving, storing, and shipping of product while maintaining company standards in safety, security, quality, and productivity. These activities could require the regular use of powered material handling equipment, radio frequency devices, or computer systems.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to follow standardized procedures, verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly
- Must be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Must have and maintain good attendance and be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be able to work in a team environment and exhibit immediate response and cooperation
- Must be able to work overtime and be very dependable
Education & Experience:
- 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Previous forklift experience preferred but not required
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift/push/carry up to 50 lbs frequently
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures (hot and cold)
- Must be able to work from variable heights while wearing a safety harness while working in a position that requires that use of equipment operation
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children’s books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is committed to a comprehensive policy of Equal Opportunities and we aim to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.