Job Title: Warehouse Technician – 3rd Shift (Personal Care)
Department / Division: Personal Care / Manufacturing
Location: Ada, MI
What do we need:
We are looking for a Warehouse Technician to join our team in our Personal Care facility.
What’s special about this job:
The Personal Care Manufacturing Plant at Amway produces a variety of personal care products both unique to the Amway business. This high-volume plant provides the opportunity to learn, develop and grow into multiple skill sets across a variety of roles with training and development opportunities available in the versatile flow-to-work environment. This department is a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) facility that produces products that fall under the definition of a drug which subjects us to standards that meet the requirement of the United States FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and other equivalent agencies around the globe. This role will be a part of a collaborative team with the opportunity to learn all aspects of the plant’s operations. The schedule for this position will work on 3rd shift, 11:00pm – 7:00am (Sunday night – Friday morning). This position may require scheduling flexibility to train on 1st shift (7:00am – 3:00pm, Monday – Friday) for the first week. Amway Manufacturing operates in a OneTeam Structure with a skill development system to help you succeed. To get a look into our operations and how you can grow your career, please CLICK HERE.
How you would contribute to the role:
If you enjoy supporting a safe work environment with high attention to detail and efficiency, the Hilo Driver position may be of interest to you! In this dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to safely transport raw materials, goods in-process, and finished goods to production lines. You will also move pallets, skids, boxes, etc. to various designated areas. Your accuracy and efficiency will be valued as you load and unload trucks in the staging area or directly into storage locations, while inspecting trailers for safety hazards and utilizing proper loading techniques. Your ability to accurately count goods and process associated paperwork will be crucial as you develop within this role. Daily equipment inspection, cleaning, and applicable safety regulations will be a part of your daily routine.
- High school diploma
- Must be capable of lifting 0 – 50 lbs.
- At least three to six months of experience as a Hilo Driver with active Hilo license
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Maintaining related records and reports with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to logically think through and understand process and production requirements with good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead and proactively communicate with individuals on the floor in a cooperative, constructive, and positive manner
- Experience and adept with the following applications preferred: JD Edwards, DC Link, ETQ, PMC
- Knowledge of DSI and RF systems used for linking license plates
This role is “Not” eligible for sponsorship.