We are seeking a Warehouse Associate to join our outstanding team of professionals.
Grainger’s typical operating hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. The Warehouse Associate performs warehouse duties and functions to support inventory integrity, order processing – picking, packing, staging, and shipping, and general maintenance and housekeeping duties to ensure a safe, clean, and orderly work environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
– Executes the Grainger Service Promise and demonstrates, by action, the company Values.
– Accurately receives product on DC trailer and effectively puts away product to utilize time efficiently and maximize cube space.
– Receive product from Branch Transfers (UPS, and other Carriers) to fulfill customer orders
– Receives product on Hub Truck (Same Day Pickup) and process customer backorders and branch stock replenishment in order to have product available for sale.
– Processes backorders to fulfill customer orders and meet order ready times.
– Picks & stages will call orders to achieve company Will Call Ready Rate (WCRR) and Customer expectations.
– Accurately picks and prepares shipping orders to meet shipping cutoff times and processes orders according to all regulatory standards.
– Processes returns in accordance with BBX guidelines, referencing original documents, product disposition, and obtaining all necessary signatures.
– Contacts customers in order to purge old orders and release product for purchase by other customers.
– Properly prepares, stages and documents product for reverse logistics in order to keep inventory fresh and warehouse space open for new products to be introduced.
– Prepares all hazmat orders in accordance with all Dept. of Transportation and company requirements.
– Processes all next day air shipments in accordance with DOT requirements and company expectations.
– Schedules customer/vendor pickups as needed to serve customer and branch needs.
– Performs cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
– Works multiple location report to drive continuous improvement in inventory accuracy by reducing duplicate locations.
– Performs stock alignments as necessary to improve inventory performance and accuracy.
– Replenishes and maintains showroom stock to create an appealing well stocked environment for customers.
– Conducts daily power equipment inspection to ensure safe operation of equipment, safe work environment for employees, and compliance with all OSHA and company regulations.
– Grounds keeping and trash collection/disposal to ensure a clean, well-groomed appearance for customers and employees.
– Maintains shipping supplies, postage, etc.
– Warehouse housekeeping – Block/Flaps/Bin Maintenance to maintain a clean inventory environment and maximize cube space.
– Support customer service by assisting customers picking up and loading product.
– Support will call service as needed to maintain a high level of customer service
– Disposes of Defective Hazmat/Lighting /Scrap products in compliance with RPG guidelines.
– Actively participates in all regulatory training (Hazmat, Refrigeration, Back & Knife… etc.) and other company training initiatives.
– Participates in annual inventory as needed.
– With appropriate cross-training, provides back up support at service counter during peak service times.