You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Click here for This is Marquise Hospitality video!
Start Dates: ASAP
Status: Casual Part Time
Schedule: As business requires
Wages: $20.97/hr (base pay + SSO wage*)
- (base pay 15.50/hr + 5.47/hr SSO wage)
For Single Site Order Locations: Standard pay + $5.47/hr
• Single Site Order (SSO) is subject to the direction of government and may be discontinued at any time.
Location: Berwick By The Sea, 1353 16 Ave, Campbell River, BC V9W 2C9
Takes food and beverage orders and efficiently delivers items to dining room guests.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greet guests in the dining room; take food and beverages in an efficient manner, following established steps of service.
- Deliver food promptly and professionally; maintain safe food handling and sanitation standards. Follow up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of menu items and ingredients. Advise guests on appropriate combinations of food and drinks when requested; accommodate reasonable requests and notes preferences. Demonstrate knowledge of specialized diets.
- Communicate directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure that orders are delivered correctly and special requests are accommodated.
- Promptly address complaints or issues; relay relevant information or complaints directly to supervisor.
- Ensure that the dining room is properly set up prior to and after the service period; keep area clean and neat while meeting established sanitation standards.
- Work with staff of other departments to perform job duties during special events and functions.
Think you have what it takes to be part of our Waitstaff? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food services industry.
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to get along well with others.
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.