A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The VP of HR reports into the SVP of HR and will work closely with the CEO and Executive team to design, develop, and implement effective people strategies and tactics to support and transform business. The role requires a proactive, hands-on approach to shaping the sector and establishing strategic business plans and long-range goals.
* Candidate to be based in Charlotte, NC or Rye Brook, NY *
• Retention – Keep our Best Talent.
• Talent – Find the Best Talent.
• Labor Productivity – Maximize our Opportunities.
• HR Innovation – Look Through a Fresh Lens.
• Team Collaboration – Work Together. Ability to influence, persuade and inspire others to take action to buy-in and be engaged.
• Culture Champions – We treat each other, and those that we interact with, with kindness and respect.
• Partners with senior leadership to develop HR strategies and initiatives that support business objectives.
• Instills HR processes into the business and business decisions
• Provides consultative support in organizational development and performance management that improves productivity, streamlines administration and enables best practices to be transferred through the organization.
• Represents company during sales presentations as appropriate.
• Analyses of data from a variety of sources to target potential problem areas.
• Identifies any technological impact on business processes to ensure maximum advantage in enabling process analysis, decision making and reporting.
• Manages HR Business Partner performance by clearly defining goals, job responsibilities and standards of performance.
• Vision of HR as a customer focused organization.
• Networks internally and externally to gain insight and provide value to the company and its support services departments, as well as within the surrounding community.
• Officed in Charlotte NC or Rye Brook, NY
• Master’s degree in HR, Business Administration or a related field preferred.
• PHR/SPHR designation and other advanced relevant certifications preferred.
• 10+ years human resources experience, including 2-3 years exposure to a multi-state, multi-unit environment.
• 2+ years’ experience managing a team.
• Operations experience; familiarity with working in a corporate setting; both non-union and union exposure; and championing the efforts of creativity through diverse population a plus.
• Experience in at least two different functional areas within HR highly desirable (ex. Talent Management, Recruitment, Compensation, etc.).
• Read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to anticipate, recognize and define problems from both a global and finite perspective, collect data, establish facts, and draw logical and valid conclusions.
• Must be able to travel 30-40% of time.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 550169