Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support I
Requisition #: 67121
The Vice President Supply Chain will provide leadership to the Children’s supply chain function, which includes ensuring supplies and materials are procured and distributed to our hospitals, neighborhood locations, and administrative support locations.
The Vice President serves as the foremost authority on all supply flow including waste factor reduction on expired and unused supplies. The Vice President is responsible for envisioning and effectively articulating a clear, modern and effective integrated end-to-end supply chain that meets and keeps pace with patient expectations while keeping costs of operations within the established budgets and guidelines.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President participates in the development of long-term strategies and business plans.
- Provides leadership to the supply chain organization, ensuring that all teams share a common vision, are highly integrated within supply chain and across Children’s Centers, Programs, Services, and Departments in order to deliver the best clinical care for kids.
- Creates a system that encourages and promotes internal use via efficient processes.
- Leads development of the supply chain strategy and results to ensure clear understanding and alignment of the strategy and supporting programs to Children’s mission and strategy.
- Oversees the development of the multi-year, strategic supply chain operating plan that supports a supply chain supporting Children’s hospitals, neighborhood locations, and administrative support center.
- Provides leadership and direction to the team responsible for Children’s procurement and supplier distribution services.
- Actively manages all warehouse facilities and system-wide purchasing activities
- Leads an organization responsible for keeping inventory at Children’s clinical locations stocked with needed medical equipment and supplies, while ensuring optimal stocking and flow of inventory throughout the system.
- Drives the supply chain team to develop creative solutions to ensure timely and efficient flow of inventory through the distribution network with a focus on proactive capacity, forecasting and planning. This is inclusive of logistical operations and new technologies such as automated guiding vehicles (AGVs).
- Works with leaders around the organization to anticipate potential obstacles in the supply chain and generate ideas for improving overall distribution operations and logistics processes.
- Sets the strategy and oversees the supply chain planning for Arthur M. Blank hospital.
- Anticipates future trends related to supply chain operations in order to ensure Children’s is in a position to maximize opportunities and sustain our high level of patient care.
- Ensures that the supply chain organization uses the most appropriate tools and analytics to optimize product flow and fulfillment systems.
- Partners with administrative functions, and builds strong and deep relationships with Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Information Technology.
- Fosters a spirit of service within the entire supply chain operation.
- End-to-end supply chain leadership experience at companies of scale and known for having best-in-class operations.
- Proven operational leadership experience leading a sophisticated organization recognized for its advanced and flexible supply chain practices.
- Demonstrated track record of developing supply chain strategy, execution and delivery.
- Possesses a deep appreciation for customer service.
- Successful supply chain transformation experience. A leader who has played a key leadership role in assessing and transforming a supply chain organization by implementing operational excellence and process improvement initiatives, specifically Lean and Six Sigma, as well as technology enhancements, resulting in improved customer procurement metrics, cost efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of business process, design techniques that encourage a critical look at key processes that focus on optimizing organization performance.
- Deep and proven experience working in businesses requiring an exceptionally high level of business and financial acumen. Understands the drivers for cost control.
- Team builder and leadership developer Proven ability to attract, develop, motivate, retain and lead a high-performing team of professionals.
- Maintains a track record of developing and implementing performance metrics that are correlated with success, while holding a leadership team strictly accountable for results.
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, logistics, business, or related field is required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Develops, implements, and motivates teas with practices to encourage and reinforce innovation and change thinking. Involves key influencers in the design and implementation of the change initiative, thus gaining buy-in from the team.
- Demonstrates the ability to see the enterprise as a set of interdependent, interacting groups focused on effectively and efficiently meeting patient and employee needs.
- Effectively leads change to align with the strategy to improve performance. Ensures roles and expectations are defined such that they focus on key organizational objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively across all levels of the organization. This is the value of and ability to contribute to strategy formulation and speak with a unified voice in support of the strategic agenda.
- Drives results across the supply chain department. Ensures that the right people and processes are in place to produce and maintain excellent business results.
- Drives to achieve higher performance by setting challenging goals and making decisions based on sound judgment and business fundamentals. Delegates effectively and demonstrates the ability to accomplish things through mobilizing the team, both enabling others to act with purpose and holding them accountable.
- Understands industry best practices and utilizes this knowledge to benchmark and drive performance.
- Proactively seeks to improve and/or identify new processes and systems to raise quality and productivity in a calculated way. Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty.
- Able to adapt leadership skills to meet the changing demands of a situation.
- Develops and communicates a compelling vision for the future and consistently articulates the vision and the implications change will have for team members and the organization as a whole.
- Creates an environment of open communication; understands team members’ skill sets and challenges each accordingly, thus enabling the team to perform at its best. Holds individuals accountable for their commitments, providing proper tools and instruction for executives, as well as feedback for continued growth.
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced environment with high expectations to produce results.
- Drives highly complex, cross-organizational initiatives through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing points of view.
- Develops trusted relationships with senior clinical and non-clinical leaders, understand their strategies and objectives, and devise effective and efficient ways to implement supply chain solutions that align to and support those objectives
- Excellent executive level written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrates poise and self-control, establishes credibility, deals diplomatically with conflict, and instills a sense of trust and confidence in others.
- Demonstrates a high level of drive balanced with an equal amount of self-discipline. A predisposition for action while simultaneously demonstrating Children’s values.
- A management style that seeks to share information and welcomes input into the decision-making process. A collaborative approach and ability to take an institutional view.
- Demonstrated political acumen and the necessary skills to orchestrate, optimize, and constructively balance the interests of diverse stakeholders.
- A mentor and developer of people who motivates others to be team players and drive accountability as well as being supportive and open with staff.
- Commits to excellence and high quality.
- A role model of personal and professional integrity.
No certifications are required.
Master’s degree in a related discipline is strongly preferred.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 1, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Leadership/Management – Executive