BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for the budgeting, forecasting, planning and analysis for the entire Company, a $13B retail sector public company. This role is highly visible and reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Finance.
- Responsible for analyzing organizational budgets and performing periodic planning, forecasting, analysis, and reporting.
- Develops key performance indicators measuring the financial health of the Company or assigned units or functions.
- Leads the continuous improvement of financial and business intelligence system’s infrastructure to drive precision and accuracy of all financial planning, forecasting and reporting processes, as well as to provide timely, accurate and insightful analysis of financial statements, annual budgets, financial trends, and ongoing forecasts.
- Reviews past and current financial performance against budget and develops models that assist management in understanding the financial impact of business decisions.
- Develops strategies meant to assist the organization in meeting its long-term financial objectives.
- Leads and directs the work of other employees and has responsibility for personnel actions including hiring, performance management, and termination.
- Collaborates with other members of the executive management team to align departmental strategy or direction with the overall goals of the organization.
- Develops policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Leads the annual long-range forecast process and prepare presentation for executive management and the Board.
- Oversees work related to optimizing company resources and improving profitability through tactics and strategies related to pricing strategies, use of manpower, and product development.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting, Finance or Economics concentration preferred
- CPA or other professional accounting or finance qualification strongly preferred
- 15 years relevant experience
- Retail or CPG industry background preferred
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and leading Finance processes, including Annual Budget, Forecasting and Strategic Planning processes
- Deep understanding of balance sheets, revenue drivers, margin and reporting methodologies
- Significant experience partnering with senior management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strategic thinking – demonstrated ability to provide insightful recommendations to executive team
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, including the ability to research and simplify complex situations
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.