In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
If you wish to be part of a team dedicated to delivering world-class technology for our customers, then this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
This remote role will be based anywhere in the US.
How You’ll Help Us Connect the World
As a Vendor Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and handling the delivery of our customer’s network infrastructure hardware, devices, and equipment in support of network fiber services (fiber, collocation space, power, cross-connects, riser, IP-transit ports, etc.) from third-party vendors in accordance with planned deployment timeframes contractually negotiated by the customer. The main function of the role is to act as the service provider to a CommScope customer and will be expected to meet all customer expectations regarding technical skills, performance, and policy compliance.
You will be leading the day-to-day vendor deliverables (and vendor meetings) – handling demanding situations, keeping projects on track, ensuring that vendors meet standards and delivery times, resolving issues, working with internal staff and partners, helping teams/vendors buy into and work towards common goals and target dates.
You will collaborate with the technical negotiation team to understand the terms of new contracts and arrangements including delivery targets and technical requirements. VDM project managers also work closely with internal project management teams to communicate target completion dates and ensure that all internal requirements are being met in a timely manner.
You Will Make an Impact By
• Lead the delivery of large-scale network infrastructure projects involving dark fiber, collocation space & power, and inside plant fiber from inception through delivery. Ensure facilities are delivered on schedule and meet technical specifications.
• Proficient in the reading & understanding of dark fiber contracts, with the ability to act on the terms set out within the contract.
• Good understanding of inter-connectivity requirements within carrier hotels. Knowledge of fiber characterization, fiber types, physical interfaces, connector types.
• Assist upstream planning, design, and acquisition teams in developing infrastructure requirements, priorities, and delivery date expectations. Lead project scope changes, including drawings and revisions to Visio floorplans and as-builts.
• Ensure site delivery with alignment to proper grounding and power standards, rack layout, conveyance routing and placement, cooling systems, diversity of POE access/routing.
• Serve as primary vendor contact for these activities during implementation phase. Advance up vendor management chains as needed if delivery timelines are at risk.
• Lead kickoff and regular project status meetings while keeping downstream teams informed of project and delivery status. Handle exceptions and communicate issues and risks to the rest of the organization.
• Obtain, distribute, and maintain all vendor handover documentation. i.e., Floorplans, LOA/CFA, DLR, Completion notification, test results, and technical drawings while working with vendors and client staff to coordinate and facilitate service and site acceptance activities.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
• BS degree in technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• 6 years’ experience in a telecom-related field
• Extensive technology-related project management experience in a data network environment.
You Will Excite Us If You
• Experienced in the delivery of telecommunications infrastructure and space and power from third-party suppliers.
• Knowledge of Dark Fiber Delivery.
• Deep understanding of inter-connectivity requirements within carrier hotels including physical interfaces, cable types, connector types and riser details.
• Excellent organizational, project-management and interpersonal skills
What happens after you apply:
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and thoughtful people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
You will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan and participation in the Company’s Incentive Plan.
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what’s next…..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at email@example.com. You can also learn more about CommScope’s accommodation process and EEO policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo