FCX Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a leading process flow control company. As a Valve Technician with Simone Engineering/a subsidiary of FCX Performance, you will be responsbile for assembling valves, on/off valves and pneumatic actuators in our Appeton, WI facility.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Mechanically and electrically troubleshoot, inspect, and test valves at specified job worksites. Primary worksites include FCX valve repair centers with occasional customer in-field work sites.
- Perform pre-testing, disassembly, cleaning, in process inspection, machining, lapping, painting, assembly, testing, and final inspection on various types of valves and actuation.
- Complete field service worksheets and submit to job coordinator upon completion of work.
- Understanding valve and automation.
- Ability and knowledge to reference appropriate valve manuals for repair requirements.
- Exhibit an ability to effectively communicate with plant personnel regarding valve and instrumentation equipment and customer requirements.
- Assist others as required.
- Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent math and mechanical skills.
- Willing to help in other areas of department as necessary.
Essential Physical Functions/Equipment Used:
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand, kneel, and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to, or possess ability to learn how to, operate large warehouse equipment; namely forklifts.
- Must be able to work off hours, weekends, and OT on a short notice basis based on business needs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- 1-3 years previous control valve experience desired; experience with valves and automation helpful.
- Basic computer proficiency required, namely the ability to operate Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of required equipment, including hand tools, power tools, machining equipment, etc.
Join a leader in the industrial marketplace! We look forward to learning more about you–Apply Today!
FCX Performance, an Applied Industrial Technologies Company, is a leading process flow control company providing technical mission critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets.
Founded in 1923, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.