Job Requisition ID: 16767
UX Designer – Remote
We are looking for a UX Designer with experience in creating and designing websites, products, and enterprise platforms. The UX Designer role will execute UX and product design, with a strong emphasis on the end-user experience. This role will assist in designing world-class products, platforms, and experiences. The UX Designer works closely with product owners, publishers, marketing and authors to drive toward an optimal experience design solution. You will be researching new features, sketch and design wireframes and user flows, participate in mini design workshops with product owners and developers. You understand and are comfortable with development constraints that may impact design decisions. This role is an early step to establish an internal digital design presence within the digital department at Heinemann. Overtime, we are looking for someone who will eventually step into a design leadership role.
You believe in data-driven design. “I have a hunch” is not a part of your vocabulary.
Experience designing products and applications in the Edtech space is a plus.
- Efficiently create UX deliverables including user flows, wireframes and prototypes and any other necessary documents for clear communication of the UX vision and solution.
- Ensure appropriate UX methodologies and UCD best practices persist on projects – culminating in design decisions that result in delightful end-user experiences and outcomes.
- Brainstorm, collaborate and execute UX planning, UI and interaction designs within a multifunctional team with an emphasis on an iterative, user-focused approach.
- Actively contribute to the validation, usability, design quality and execution of final designs, from user research through final visual designs to development.
- Ensure strategic alignment of user and business needs are expressed in the UX design solution.
- Ensure appropriate UX methodologies and design best practices persist on projects – so that design decisions result in optimal end-user experiences and outcomes
- Represent, collaborate and ensure Product Experience Design’s important role in building the next generation of Education Technology
- Works closely with Publishers and Product Owners to ensure creative strategy is articulated and aligned, and that project deliverables are being met
- Collaborate cross functionally to establish best practices in UX Design methodology and validation through iterative testing to the benefit of the end user experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in UX planning and design, with a strong understanding of identifying User Insights, articulating UX visions, and how to leverage them to successfully deliver enjoyable and successful experiences.
- A solid User-Centered Design approach to solving creative challenges. Your portfolio shows examples in how you brainstormed for features and designed for responsive websites.
- Ability to create UX artifacts including User Flows, a variety of Prototypes, Style Guides and any other necessary documents for clear communication of the UX vision and solution
- A strong collaborator across diverse groups, including Product Owners, Engineers, other stakeholders and team members in an Agile environment.
- Have excellent written, verbal and meeting facilitation skills: the right candidate will be able to communicate in writing and/or present in person, strategic design concepts and creative vision to stakeholders and partners– with passion and confidence.
- Passion for modern UI designs and interaction patterns
- Experience in tools such as Sketch, Figma, Axure, Zeplin, Photoshop, Principle and/or Invision for creating user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and visual designs
- User-Centered Design approach to solving creative challenges
- A general understanding of front-end, React development frameworks for SaaS is desirable.
- Capacity to work well with other creative team mates to embrace, collaborate and work with other ideas
- Bachelor's Degree in design or design-related discipline (graphic design, user experience design, visual design, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and as well as work independently
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children’s books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.