Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2020 revenues of approximately $8.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
At Eastman, everything starts with our people. Creating a culture where everyone thrives and reaches their full potential is nonnegotiable-our ability to innovate and outperform depends on it and fuels our results. Our campus strategy is our investment in our company’s future committed to recruiting, retaining and advancing people from a broad array of backgrounds and helping them thrive and grow in their careers.
The University Relations Manager is an essential role as it creates and executes our campus strategy to attract, recruit, and acquire top diverse talent for our intern/co-op programs and our entry level hiring. The University Relation Manager oversees and directs the members of the University Relations Team as they guide and lead Corporate Campus Teams, build strong relationships with key diverse schools. The position is also responsible for working collaboratively with leaders across the enterprise to strengthen University Relations recruitment initiatives and build brand awareness.
• Leads and develops the University Relations Team to identify and develop proactive talent identification and sourcing strategies.
• Responsible for the planning and execution of the company-wide competitive campus recruiting strategy. This includes leading the selection and relationship development efforts with targeted universities and colleges; and oversight and coordination of all campus recruiting events.
• Develops and manages communication strategies with hiring managers to identify changes to recruitment programs and facilitates greater participation by hiring managers in the recruitment process.
• Establishes and maintains relationships within higher education, community organizations, and professional associations to increase the availability and access to a highly qualified professional candidate pool.
• Establishes and develops diverse recruitment networks through industry contacts, HBU’s, diverse universities, and ERGs within Eastman
• Promotes a culture of creativity and accountability within University Relations team to enhance relationships with hiring managers by providing consultative advice and delivering quality results.
• Strengthens our employer brand proposition to sell the organization and creates a consistent and engaging candidate experience on and off campus.
• Leverages and enhances technology, tools (such as Handshake and LinkedIn) and internal and external best practices to optimize processes and team performance.
• Focuses on delivering high-quality recruiting results based on established metrics.
• Manages special projects as a member of the Talent Acquisition team to innovate and continuously improve our processes.
• Collaborates with internal communications and marketing to create impactful recruiting material.
• Partners with hiring managers and recruiters to educate them on effective ways to select top talent.
• Responsible for all engineering and non-engineering intern, co-op and full-time campus level hiring within Eastman
• Maintains a pulse on our industry and develops knowledge of the current marketplace and trends to ensure industry leading hiring methodologies.
• Creates a culture where hiring managers are trained and fully competent to interview and select the best talent to fill business needs. Conduct behavioral interview training, inclusion and diversity training and internal client support.
• Designs and develops the global expansion of the program.
• 5 years’ experience in University Recruiting curating internal and external partnerships along with other HR related experience in client services
• 3 years’ experience in leading a global University Relations program preferred.
• Accountable to assume ownership for achieving results with the appropriate behaviors
• Strong business acumen and analytical ability to make data-driven insights to provide recommendation to continually evolve the function.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to create strategy along with an actionable plans executed to achieve desired outcomes.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
• Strong ability to access talent internally and externally
• Strong partnership and communication skills with the ability to influence candidates, site leadership, sales leadership and hiring managers.
• Proven leadership skills to lead, coach and develop a direct and matrix teams.
• Proactive, innovative, and problem-solving skills with the ability to focus on managing change.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, dynamic corporate environment.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.