Location: LOC_MAIN-Main Hospital
Req ID: 137132
Employment Status: Regular – Part Time
Under the direction of the Ultrasound Team Leader, performs a variety of Ultrasound procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
1. Performs all Ultrasound techniques and examinations according to the procedures determined by the Radiologists.
- Selects proper transducer and application for the specified type of ultrasound exam.
- Produces optimal sonographic images for diagnostic interpretation 100% of the time.
- Selects proper technical factors and operates US equipment as directed 100% of the time.
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards to ensure the well being of patients, hospital personnel, general public and self while performing duties 100% of the time.
- Maintains constant attention to patient assigned to sonographer for the examination 100% of the time.
2. Maintains records of exams.
- Responsible for proper identification on images including patient identification and patient demographics 100% of the time.
- Maintains appropriate records of examination 100% of the time.
- Maintains the integrity and efficiency of the Radiology Information System 100% of the time.
- Thorough knowledge of the Department’s Picture Archiving System as applicable to ultrasound.
3. Conducts self in a professional manner.
- Subject to on-call status including weekends and holidays.
- Refers to the Radiology Manager any unresolved problems relating to staffing, morale, work methods, discipline and other activities 100% of the time.
- Promotes professionalism, continuing education and staff development 100% of the time.
- Participates in the formal in-service program provided for Radiology Complex.
- Responsible for back-up and emergency coverage at any satellite office such as KOP site.
4. Responsible for maintaining the continuing education required for this position.
- Completes all on-line Mandatory education required by hospital
- Obtains 6 CE credits/year
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer within one (1) year of placement into position.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Ultrasound diploma
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
- At least two (2) years of Ultrasound experience
- Pediatric experience
Additional Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of all types of Ultrasound imaging
- Knowledge of Radiology Information Systems
- Provides Family Centered Care
- Integrates knowledge and assessment of child and family (Age- Specific Competency)
- Ability to work independent of supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent phone etiquette and communication skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146