The candidate will be responsible for day-day production support, maintenance activities and new development for Epson’s North, Latin American and other global e-commerce systems and operating on a SAP Hybris platform. The successful candidate must have excellent written and communication skills and demonstrated senior-level front-end web development experience along with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Candidate must be able to work well independently as well as interacting with end users, project leads and development team to provide technical recommendations, development scoping and assist in producing technical and business requirements.
This is a fast-paced, multiple project environment; the qualified candidate must be able to balance multiple projects and tasks, manage to project deadlines and effectively and appropriately escalate and follow-up on issues and assignments. The successful candidate must be a demonstrated self-starter with an aptitude for learning and a desire to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
- Participates in gathering and organizing of business/user requirements and feasibility analysis
- Participates in performing application design and review
- Design comps, storyboards, prototypes, and wireframes for new digital initiatives, enhancements, and other projects.
- Turn business goals and requirements into wireframes and prototypes of future products.
- Design key user flows for every product.
- Work with user research to test products and use data to make essential decisions.
- Coordinate efficient and effective working relationships with internal teams, cross-divisional partners, and external vendors.
- Effectively communicate all of your design choices to stakeholders and other departments.
- Develops HTML wireframes that meets business/user requirements, IS quality standards and secure web development guidelines
- Develops and conducts HTML comps review sessions with business stake holders.
- Meets project objectives within specified time frame parameters and defined requirements
- Ensures that project success criteria are met; performs day-to-day maintenance of production software systems
- Creates functional spec documentation by closely working with business stake holders and Functional team.
- Actively evaluates and resolves daily business problems by performing independent analysis
- Communicates task status/issues to IS management and project leaders
- Participates in research and evaluation of appropriate software products being considered for acquisition
- Keeps current with technology trends and their impact to the organization
- SAP hybris 6.x
- Rest web services
- 5 to 7+ years’ experience developing web-based responsive applications.
- 4+ years’ experience as a UI/UX designer.
- Ability to hand-code, adhering to HTML standards, is a must
- Proficiency with the latest versions of Photoshop CS, Visio, Microsoft Office. Flash MX is a plus
- Comfortable working with Hybris (SAP commerce store front) integrating and helping the development team where required.
- Good understanding of good SEO standards and practices
- General experience working with e-commerce systems development in a large, corporate environment is a plus
- Proven ability to work effectively with team members as well as various stakeholders within the company
- Experience in Working with client and offshore team to ensure seamless delivery.
- Experience with Mobile app development
- Experience using web templating engines
- Experience working with RESTful JSON Web Services
- Experience with SAP hybris / SAP Commerce
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) or equivalent experience in a web development related field
- SAP Hybris 6.x experience
- Responsive webpage design principles and have used libraries such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Should be able to consume the REST web services exposed by the back-end team and integrate to HTML that was built.
- Good working knowledge of change control and version control processes using source code control tools, specifically GIT.
- Have excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enjoy working with a team, while possessing a strong independent work ethic
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.