Serves as a resource for IT processes. Responsible for making timely, effective decisions in relation to assigned processes. This position will have contact with both external and internal customers and is expected to work in a professional manner. The duties performed by this position may have an organization wide effect and allow access to confidential information related to both patients and staff. Incumbents of this position will be required to make timely, effective decisions using independent judgment and discretion within the appropriate guidelines defined by leadership. Must be able to conceptualize, develop, and implement complex processes and applications to increase efficiency, integration and interoperability. Works in office environment with frequent use of workstations and personal computers, may be required to travel to remote client sites daily
Responsible for creating and implementing IT process to generate the desired outcomes in such a way that it serves in the best interest of the organization. Independently manages assignments and meets deadlines. Record all documents and materials about the process to plan improvements and archive the history of a process, all regarding documents must be prepared and published regularly. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities may include but not limited:
- The Process Leader must assure the IT process achieves its goals. Processes have predefined triggers and based on these inputs and triggers, a process must follow a set of activities so that the planned output can be received in the end.
- Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on program-level plans, progress and quality.
- Supports the TSG Leaders to ensure that IT processes meet the requirements and supports with implementation of the IT processes.
- Works with other program leaders to drive the definition and refinement of the product backlog.
- Works closely with operational staff to ensure timely delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Acquires and maintains advanced technical knowledge of relevant IT processes.
- Be a change agent and foster a “learn by doing” environment.
- Works in a professional manner with vendors, clients and TSG personnel regarding IT services.
- Demonstrates advanced organizational, oral/written communication skills including presentations to all levels of staff.
- Influences staff to promote IT services to increase efficiency, integration and promotes interoperability.
Education: High school degree required. Associates/Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, healthcare, business or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of eight years of related experience is required. Advanced knowledge of office automation software (word processing, spreadsheets, email and presentation software) required.
Licensure/Certifications/Registration: Maintain application vendor certifications as needed. ITIL V3 Foundation Certification required. Valid VA driver’s license. PMP preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be a self-initiated team player that can work under little supervision, with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team setting and serve as a mentor to others in the department.
- Must be capable of prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication, presentation and problem solving skills required.
- Will require on-call for coverage.
- Primary business hours Monday-Friday with weekend, holiday and on call coverage as needed.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 71318
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Technology Services Group
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Recruiter: MARK A MISKOVIC
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.