Location Name: Salt Lake City, UT
Job/Requisition ID: 64062
Location Address: 1475 West 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT, United States (US), 84119
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Driver’s License Required: Yes
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Shift: First Shift
This mechanic position provides daily preventative and corrective maintenance on our fleet of transports and trailers. This position is primarily responsible for the maintenance and repair of our crude oil transport fleet in our Salt Lake City, UT location.
- Properly inspect and maintain trailers in compliance with all DOT requirements.
- Keep all assigned vehicle maintenance files current including all DOT compliance-related documentation for mechanical work performed on transport vehicles.
- Perform tire changes.
- Perform or coordinate emergency maintenance, breakdown repairs on fleet vehicles.
- Coordinate outside repairs on equipment, annual tanker certifications, inspections and documentation.
- Maintain truck shop area, order parts, material, oils, lubricants, shop supplies.
- Perform routine maintenance activities such as oil changes, air filter changes, power steering service, suspension system service, PTO’s, locking rear-ends, Roper pumps, brakes, wheel bearings and hubs, electrical system service and miscellaneous maintenance activities as needed.
- Perform all preventative maintenance schedules on all assigned vehicles and/or equipment.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair crude oil transport trucks, tankers and semi-trailers.
- Traveling: Up to 75%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous petroleum industry experience is strongly desired.
- Must have or become trained in OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Must have a Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat, Tanker, Double/Triple and LCV (Long Combination Vehicle) endorsements with a clean driving record.
- Mechanic certification and completion of a 2-year program at an accredited technical school, vocational school, or community college with coursework in truck mechanics OR a minimum of 6 years of a professional mechanic or technician experience related to diesel engines and semi-trailers in oil and gas operations.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other operations and staff personnel.
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on operational requirements.
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively with little supervision
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance for all vehicles including braking systems and hydraulic and air systems for tractors and trailers.
- For a complete list of benefits that we offer, please visit www.mympcbenefits.com.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 75%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.