Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location: Williams
Other Potential Locations: Williams, AZ
Anticipated Start Date: 01/10/2022
Number of Positions: 5
Salary Range: Entry rate is approx. $29.75/hr – $31.38/hr with an average annual salary of $61,880 – $65,270.
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: 1) Crew and equipment transportation to and from jobsite; 2) Track maintenance: construction, inspection and repair of the track and other railroad property/facilities; 3) equipment operation and maintenance; 4) travel and work within assigned geographic area.
SAFETY: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include wearing required safety equipment, responding to and acting on safety concerns.
TRUCK DRIVER: Operate 26,000+ lbs trucks. Ensure proper truck and equipment maintenance; submit required paperwork for truck repairs or welding equipment.
TRACK MAINTENANCE, REPAIR AND INSTALLATION: Repair/rebuild track using power and non-power hand tools. Lift and carry track material; cut brush, trees and vegetation, and clear right-of-way of litter and cargo spillage. Pull spikes from ties, drill holes through rails for bolt insertion, fit bolts.
MAINTAIN TRACKBED: Cut rail, manually compress ballast, remove and install ties, lift, roll, and adjust rails, and lift and carry track material with assistance.
OPERATE EQUIPMENT: Remove/replace ballast; operate large non-powered hand tools such as: shovels, picks, axes, cutters, sledgehammers; operate proper electric, pneumatic, hydraulic hand tools such as: drills, impact wrenches, jacks, power saws, grinders.
TRUCK MAINTENANCE: Schedule regular service for welding truck. Ensure trucks and equipment are in good repair and submit necessary paperwork for truck and welding equipment repairs.
WELDER: Weld, grind, and cut rail. Operate welding truck safely and efficiently. Order materials, such as welding supplies, grinding stones, reports and safety equipment. Maintain daily records and time sheets.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
• 21 years of age or older
• HS diploma or GED
• BNSF is a drug-free company; employees are subject to random drug tests
• Willing to submit to a background review
• Available to work in geographic area indicated.
• Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) in English
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Available to work full-time (40 hrs/wk) subject to overtime, on-call (24/7), alternating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays
• Available to travel to and remain on job sites around designated seniority region and remain on site for extended periods, sometimes days or weeks at a time
• Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs frequently
• Possess a valid Class A CDL with HAZMAT and air brake endorsements or be able to obtain one within first 60 days employed
• Able to visually distinguish colors – red, blue, green, yellow; hear, and with training, distinguish auditory signals
• Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
• Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb on/off equipment
• Able to work in conditions with loud noise and fumes; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand, sit for extended periods of time; and use hand tools
• Follow safety policies and procedures; wear required personal protective equipment
• One year minimum of verifiable training and/or experience welding
Training: Company-paid on-the-job training, including preparation, equipment and expenses to obtain CDL.
Compensation: Average annual salary of $61,880 – $65,270 is for an employee with 3 – 5 years of seniority and depends on hours worked, which could include overtime, per diem, and other union-negotiated wages.
Relocation: Assistance not available.
Work Conditions: Extreme all-weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment.
Probationary Period: 60 days.
Seniority District Transfers: Per union agreement, seniority-based, Director approval required.
Travel: Frequent, over large geographic region.
Shifts/Hours: Full-time (40 hrs/wk) subject to on-call, overtime, alternating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays.
Union: Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employees.
Dues: Per union agreement, membership and dues required.
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Operations – Engineering | Williams, AZ | 86046
Zip/Postal Code: [