Position Title: TOTAL REWARDS COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST – CHARLOTTE, NC
Reports To: Sr. Manager Total Rewards
*This role will be working remote until corproate office reopens fully.
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Total Rewards Communications Specialist
The Total Rewards Communication Specialist is responsible for supporting internal and external communications for compensation, benefits, wellness, retirement, and other work experience programs. The ideal candidate is a passionate, team player with outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
• Accountable to the delivery of accurate and consistent health and well-being information, including the accuracy and completeness of benefit plans, policies, plan documents, and process documentation
• Enforce communications strategy, ensuring aligned messaging, cadence, consistency and to linkage to priorities; establish protocols to support this
• Support internal Total Rewards communication activities, including coordination with other internal functions as needed
• Manage company intranet and benefits portal design as well as carrier websites to ensure accuracy and consistent of all messaging, collateral materials, policies, programs, and plan summaries
• Implement effective communication strategies to drive associate awareness and understanding of Total Rewards, including managing communication logistics; coordinates translation of communications as needed
• Communicate health and wellness initiatives, driving a culture of health, well-being, and work/life balance
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations for assigned benefit plans
• Special projects as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications or Journalism, or equivalent education and/or related work experience.
Experience: A minimum of 2 years comprehensive benefit or HR experience
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent writing, editorial, and communications skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects with exceptional attention to detail
• Highly organized self-starter, who can meet multiple and changing support needs
• Ability to communicate effectively with others across all levels of the organization, including excellent interpersonal, presentation and delivery skills
• Ability to effectively formulate and execute messages and strategies using a variety of communication vehicles
• Strong computer and technical skills, including proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator desired), Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and SharePoint desired)
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 550485
CHARISSE R RAWN