BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
$500 Sign-on Bonus!
Responsible for managing both tire bay and fuel operations at the club level, managing tire sales and gas sales, ensuring proper installation and repairs of tires, supervising tire bay and gas station team members, and maintaining tire bay and gas station policies and procedures.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Supervises tire bay and gas station team members. Ensures both tire bay and gas station team members work in a safe environment and are following all tire bay and gas station policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper scheduling and staffing within areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the proper installation of tires, including mounting, dismounting, rotating, and balancing tires.
- Installs, sells, and repairs tires. Responsible for properly disposing of tires and ensuring propane tanks are filled per club policy.
- Maintains and orders tire installation equipment. Responsible for the safe and proper operation of tire bay equipment.
- Maintains a clean and professional tire bay and waiting area. Merchandise tire displays and automotive products.
- Ensures that knowledgeable service is provided to members at the tire desk. Coordinates with Home Office regarding member tire needs as needed.
- Maintains an accurate and complete supply inventory. Understands and appropriately utilizes available special-order tire programs.
- Responsible for monitoring gas station sales transactions and handling cash transactions when applicable.
- Monitors gas station reporting and ensures checklists, reports and documentation are properly maintained, validated, and approved based on company policy and state regulations.
- Manages fuel maintenance work orders including verification of issues, work order creation, documentation and reporting, approvals.
- Complies with safety and cleanliness standards. Manages tire bay audits, and checklists.
- Responsible for overseeing tire bay records retention policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring all TIA Certifications, Titan Certifications are completed timely and on file for all tire bay and gas station team members. Reference LED to follow up on all additional trainings required for tire bay and gas station team members.
- Build working relationships with tire bay and gas station team members. Motivate and empower each team member to see their own potential and to grow within the company.
- Complete and administer performance appraisals with each tire bay and gas station team member. Provide clear, constructive communication.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members in this role. It is not designed to contain a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.