Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- As part of our maintenance team, you will construct and manufacture metal parts, piping, tubing and other as required.
- You will need to be able determine material measurements and take responsibility for fabricating parts/piping that are used in a papermill.
- The welding will mostly be done with TIG/Stick on stainless steel.
- You are responsible for the quality of your output, so you must be able to ensure weld quality and suitability.
- Welding will be performed in the mill shop or on the machine as required.
- Piping experience is required.
- Mechanical experience is also required as 25% of the position will require you to work along with the mechanical maintenance team on various activities.
- Once sufficiently trained you will be put on-call on a four (4) week rotation along with the mechanical maintenance team. The on-call duty is mandatory.
- You will need to make Safe work habits a way of life and follow OSHA as well as mill protocols.
- Lastly, you will need to have the mindset that time really is money and if the machine is down then the priority is restoring production in the Safest and Fastest way possible.
- Flexible and ability to adapt to changing needs of the operation
- Flexible to change jobs and varying job assignments, often daily
- Training and constant learning is required to support the business
- Strong focus on quality, safety, and efficiency
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Strong mechanical background, a must
- High school diploma or GED
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both women and men.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities.
Since 1964, we have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 operating units located in North America and Europe.