Requisition ID: 38621
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Temporary Works Lead to join the Infrastructure group in our Infrastructure team in Perth to lead and expand our construction services practice within a multi-disciplinary consultancy.
This key position will be reporting directly to our WA Infrastructure Director and will be responsible of growing and then coaching the team as well as assisting in the resolution of structural technical issues related to the temporary works and construction phase service. Examples of areas where the guidance is expected relates to constructability, material handling (e.g. cranes, hoists, booms), demolition, temporary excavation and shoring, construction equipment installation design, temporary propping or scaffold and formwork among others.
You will also be responsible for hiring and expanding the team; developing new business; maintaining and nurturing existing client relationships; liaising with other Construction Services leads within the organization and generally raising the profile of the Construction Services offering across the Perth market.
We are an entrepreneurial business in which opportunities abound, so we might ask you to travel domestically and internationally for business, as well as potentially undertake assignments away from time to time. Still the main focus is to grow the service offering in the Perth market.
As the successful candidate, you will be:
- Planning, organizing, and leading project teams in the delivery, design, and documentation of project requirements
- Designing temporary works structures for public and private infrastructure
- Working on project management and leading temporary works projects including its civil components
- Providing support to business development and strategic initiatives, including preparation of proposals
- Monitoring existing services, identify opportunities and drive team to maximise revenue
- Developing and maintaining gap analysis for the design team ensuring ongoing training and mentoring
- Monitoring output to ensure all work is completed to a high technical standard, within agreed budgets and timeframes, and in compliance with Hatch’s Business Systems
- Developing new and maintaining existing client relationships
- Hiring and expanding the team to increase the team’s technical offering
- A supporter of inclusion and diversity
You bring to the role::
- A degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Structures or Structural Engineering
- Extensive and relevant professional experience including minimum five years’ experience on temporary works / construction services
- Must have sound knowledge of Australian Standards in current engineering and construction principles, methods and practices and with Australian Standards, AS5100 and AS3600
- Must have sound knowledge of principles underlying temporary works design with a deep understanding of associated temporary works risks and mitigations
- Proficient in the use of Strand7, SpaceGass, Mathcad or other suitable design software
- Understanding of design and analysis of all structural materials; and
- Track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
- Local network in the Western Australia market
- Professional Engineer registered with Engineers Australia or other relevant country registration;
- Strong technical competence and report writing skills;
- MBA or other formal business qualification
Why join us?
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace, we offer our employees comprehensive benefits, including up to 12 weeks leave per year as part of our Lifestyle Leave Program. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.