With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under minimal supervision is responsible for ensuring the accurate execution of production-based processes to minimize product loss.
Reviews daily crush schedules and shift change-over reports; updates reports when notified by the production planner of any changes.
Reviews new work orders for accuracy and validity; compares work orders against attached Wine Manager planned operations.
Puts work order into “released” state in the Wine Manager system when it is appropriate to do so.
Ensures work order will be visible on Wine Manager Work Benches; retains possession of all work orders until the process is moved to the cellar stage.
Validates line-up verification forms match work order and line-up standard work is followed.
Consistently updates the gauging lists; notifies Gauge Monitors the when it is appropriate to begin their routine checking of the tanks.
Verifies gauges against previous gauge of record.
Puts starting gauge readings on work order and notifies process leader that the order is ready.
Follows-up with Gauge Monitors ensuring that the tanks are gauged every two hours, and data is reported.
Notates that gauges on the “in process” tanks will be taken and reported to the nearest inch.
Notifies Team Leader if movement shows greater than the allowable gain/loss.
When process is complete, partners with Gauge Monitors to collect the final gauge readings where data is documented to the nearest 1/8 inch and entered on the work order.
Closes-out work order in Wine Manager and delivers the work order to compliance team member for validation.
Coordinates and assists management in the resolution of non-compliance situations.
Creates and distributes standard reports.
Prepares reports to management, defining problem, evaluation, and possible solution.
Maintains appropriate files, records and documentation.
Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 2 years of administrative support, production/operations, bookkeeping, or process coordination/management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Required to be at 18 years of age or older.
- Required to maintain 3 shift work availability (day, swing, and graveyard)..
- Required to work rotating shifts, overtime, and weekends.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
- Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of administrative support, production/operations, bookkeeping, or process coordination/management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Skilled in speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Skilled in applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Experience with solving practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Experience with interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requisition ID: 78921
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.