Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular – Our bottom line is you.
Bronx East Tremont NY
The Teller position is primarily responsible for the accurate processing of paying and receiving transactions while providing courteous, timely, and informative service to ensure that the customer feels completely satisfied. Emphasis is placed on identifying clients’ needs and ensuring customers receive a positive impression of the organization.
In this position, you will:
- Effectively execute teller banking transactions in accordance with Popular’s policies and procedures and in adherence to legal and regulatory requirements
- Process payment and receipt of transactions for all product types and services accurately, courteously, and in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Reference the client by name in all transactions to provide personalized service
- Maintain minimum amount of cash in teller’s area and ensure cash is secured according to policies, security/safety measures
- Re-stock and balance assigned cash drawer, ATM(s), cash recycler(s), vault(s) as required
- Assist in the processing of night depository bags and currency, and ATM settlements as required
- Be responsible to act in accordance of all bank policies and regulation to ensure the branch passes assessment and audits
- Work with branch manager and supervisor to attain or exceed individual goals
- Confidently build effective, trust-based relationships with clients by listening and uncovering their needs to gain in-depth knowledge of client’s financial life priorities in order to deepen customer relationship and refer the products/services that are most appropriate for their situation
- Support marketing campaigns and product launches, modifying sales techniques and leveraging marketing tools and branch technology to achieve results
- Educate clients on self-service capabilities and encourage use of digital service channels/banking options (e.g. smart ATM, online and mobile banking, online transfers, People Pay, Mobile Cash, Bill Pay, Digital Wallets, etc.)
- Interact and work closely with the management team to stay abreast of any new developments and initiatives in the bank
Best in Class Customer Experience
- Promote environment of ongoing customer feedback and continuous improvement
- Effectively respond to customers requesting to update or close their accounts, determining reason for dissatisfaction, and offer possible alternatives; process account maintenances in a compliant manner
- Attentively listen to the customer to address any questions or problems the client may have; proactively prevent and resolve any customer problems or issues
- Support the management of compliance functions including reconciliations, audits (internal/external), reporting, controls, records management, opening/closing procedures, ensuring all security procedures are strictly adhered
- Promote the branch’s active involvement within the community and report all CRA related activities to supervisor
- Proactively identify fraudulent or forged documentation and/or activity and report such activity to the respective supervisors
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information and adhere to bank policies and procedures at all times
To be considered, you will need:
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma or equivalent along with anticipation of continuing education towards degree combined with six months cash handling and or retail sales experience
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at www.popularbank.com.
Connect with us!
We reaffirm our commitment to offer essential financial services and solutions for our customers at all times, including during emergency situations and/or natural disasters. Popular’s employees are considered essential workers, whose role is critical in the continuity of these important services even under such circumstances. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that Popular may require your services during and immediately after any such events.